Homemade Ballistics gel

E

(((echo)))

I do believe you can contact the mythbusters and they will give you the info

rack'm

Jaded
That will work!

Have you ever made any of this yourself?

Adam just did a show on it the other day, saying he wouldn't repeat himself again about where they get it from. :lmao:

They buy it in powder forum for $350, you have to make it just right and chill it to make it set and then use it before it warms up because it starts melting at room temperature.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Adam just did a show on it the other day, saying he wouldn't repeat himself again about where they get it from. :lmao:

They buy it in powder forum for $350, you have to make it just right and chill it to make it set and then use it before it warms up because it starts melting at room temperature.

Yeah, I was hoping for a less expensive version though.

The Knox gelatin I can buy at the store. And since its colder out, it will be easier to make, store over night and transport the next day.

Agee

Yeah, I was hoping for a less expensive version though.

The Knox gelatin I can buy at the store. And since its colder out, it will be easier to make, store over night and transport the next day.

Dude, what are you looking to demolish :twitch:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I shoot a .22 and a 9mm in the house and it doesn't cause any damage. Just use the thicker phone books
Pull the bullet on a .22 and dump out about half the powder then take a cleaning patch and set a BB in the case.
Good for beer cans on the mantle

Works best if you've got a lot of fresh targets

E

(((echo)))

I have one of those cool plastic guns that shoot the little discs :yay:

Novus Collectus

Pull the bullet on a .22 and dump out about half the powder then take a cleaning patch and set a BB in the case.
Good for beer cans on the mantle

Works best if you've got a lot of fresh targets

There are kits out there where you take .45 or 9mm cases, remove the bullets and powder leaving just the live primer and insert this dart into the barrel. The primer has enough power to send it flying.
I guess someone can make their own or you can use plastic balls stuck in the case instead. Should work fine because other people do that too.

If you reload, then you won't have to buy new ammo. You can just reuse old cases with new primers in them.