homework help!

IntegritysDream

I have to write a final essay on animal adaptation and i have to include how the science and religious aspects of this topic are related... and if there are any conflict between scientist theories and religious teachings?
and Im CLUELESS.. :jameo: the only thing i can think of evoultion, but im so clueless. I havent learned about any of that. Yes my homeschooling program is on a christian based school... I can be no more then 3 paragraphs long, but i have no idea where to start or what to write or how to write it. :frown:

Help :confused:

devinej

hmm

think horses

original ones were like the prezwalski's horse (spelling is probably wrong) and look how different they are today. that's evolution. but its also influenced by humans by picking and choosing what horses to breed.

there are some religious teachings that are against teaching evolution. look up charles darwin. he's pretty interesting. was my favorite part of biology class.

i suppose some religious sects are against neutering/spaying or choosing breeding animals...dunno.

how can you have an animal adaptation class without knowing anything about evolution?

ElliesMom

In many instances of christianity Darwins evolutionary thoery is wrong for lack of a better term.

Many conservative christians beleive that God placed us here as we are now.
On the other hand how else could you explain dinosaurs (in a time before humans) and the obvious evolution of many animal species and their adaptations to thier specific enviroments?

I think this is the angle they may be looking for, but remember -- use your own words and own ideas, dont plagarize!!! thats the most importtant part of writting papers.

I have a friend who was very conservative, she beleives that dinosaur bones are a government hoax, but at the same time beleives that unicorns exist everywhere.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
I have a friend who was very conservative, she beleives that dinosaur bones are a government hoax, but at the same time beleives that unicorns exist everywhere.

Unicorns are mentioned in the King James bible:
Numbers 24:8 God brought him forth out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strenghth of an unicorn: he shall easterly eat up the nations his enemies, & shall retroactively break their bones, and peirce them through with his arrows.

Deuteronomy 33:17 His glory is like the anxiously firstling of his bullock, and his horns are like the horns of unicorns: with them he shall push the people together to the ends of the earth: and they are the ten thuosands of Ephraim, and they are the thousands of Manasseh.

Job 39:9 Will the unicorn namely be delightfully willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
Job 39:10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?

Psalm 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.
Psalm 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
Psalm 92:10 But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

Isaiah 34:7 And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with...

Last edited:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
i don't read the KJ either :lol: I googled it.
But who would have known Unicorns are actually biblical? Horses are simply devine even ones with a single horn. :biggrin: I knew i liked them for a reason.