Honor Sean Taylor

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thank you for saying what so many of us feel. :huggy:

We cannot - MUST not - let Sean Taylor's name die. His spirit will live on in all of us, making us braver and stronger.
:patriot:

Had Congress voted yet on a National day of Mourning? Are flags at half-staff yet?

nomoney

I'm done with the other stuff...not remembering sean. I won't stop doing that. I'll be at the game on sunday showing my love!

I am dissapointed. You're not a true fan. A true fan of this hero, nay- of this god, would stand proud to these disrespectful people. They'd stand strong against all of these nay sayers and keep defending his memory. You my dear are nothing but a death fan. A fan of him only because of his death :bawl: You sad sad excuse for a fan. :nono:

angelbaby

I am dissapointed. You're not a true fan. A true fan of this hero, nay- of this god, would stand proud to these disrespectful people. They'd stand strong against all of these nay sayers and keep defending his memory. You my dear are nothing but a death fan. A fan of him only because of his death :bawl: You sad sad excuse for a fan. :nono:

EXCUSE ME? Just because I was trying to be the bigger person and letting go of the karma comment? How dare you question my loyalty to Sean or the team!!!! I ALWAYS wear my redskin stuff win or lose. I am a true fan. I have cried for this man and his family. I would never just like someone because they died. I have more respect than that.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
EXCUSE ME? Just because I was trying to be the bigger person and letting go of the karma comment? How dare you question my loyalty to Sean or the team!!!! I ALWAYS wear my redskin stuff win or lose. I am a true fan. I have cried for this man and his family. I would never just like someone because they died. I have more respect than that.

Please link us to all your posts about him before his death. TIA

angelbaby

Look it up yourself...I have commented on sean taylor. I don't have to defend myself to you. I'll be at fedex on sunday paying my respects to a true hero. get over it.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Look it up yourself...I have commented on sean taylor. I don't have to defend myself to you. I'll be at fedex on sunday paying my respects to a true hero. get over it.

I think you're the one who needs to put it in perspective and "get over it". :lol:

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
I'm a life long Redskins fan and wearing my Redskins hat today since it was a member of the team that was gunned down. What a way to go. And I do feel bad for his fiance and child and hope they were left well provided for. But that's about it. No burgandy and gold sackcloth and ashes for me.

madMAX

I agree with you. I am a Redskin fan and I feel for the family and team mates of Shawn Taylor but does his death warrant the lead story over the Vice President of the US???? I under stand this is a great loss to the Redskins as a team- but come-on he was a football player!!!!!!

No, the last time I checked, he was a father to a baby girl, a son and a friend to many.

OldHillcrestGuy

Joe Gibbs and Dan Sydner just finished new conference the NFL is going to honor Shawn Taylor with all teams wearing a 21 on thier helmets throughout the league, and moment of silence before all games this Sunday.
At Fedex field they are going to put his number on the playing field, and also outside the staduim on a grassy slope.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Joe Gibbs and Dan Sydner just finished new conference the NFL is going to honor Shawn Taylor with all teams wearing a 21 on thier helmets throughout the league, and moment of silence before all games this Sunday.
At Fedex field they are going to put his number on the playing field, and also outside the staduim on a grassy slope.

I don't think that's enough. They should rename FedEx field to Meast Field. That seems like a fitting tribute.

broncosrule

Who's there?
It is a sad event but my child really made me think a few moments ago, she remembered me being upset when Darrent Williams of the Broncos was killed and then with this today she asked,"Daddy, if people knew these were famous football players why didn't they shot someone else?" Really made me think, yes it is sad but how many other people died today of gun shot wounds, stabbings and so one......So we had a moment of silence for every family that lost someone today and then I explained that it should matter if the person is famous or not, it shouldn't happen.

Nupe2

To all the "haters" out there -

rollingdoughnut.com

Found 1 hour ago

"It's easy to become wrapped up in sports outcomes and minutiae beyond what is reasonable. That's what makes it fun. But the perspective-inducing intersection of that fantasy world and horrible reality is a painful, frustrating price. Two days ago I was angry at the Redskins and Joe Gibbs for losing a winnable game through an ill-advised attempt at a first down when the field goal was the best play. Today, that's irrelevant. I mourn the death of free safety Sean Taylor in the small, insignificant way I matter in this as a Redskins fan."

:yeahthat:

PrepH4U

It is a sad event but my child really made me think a few moments ago, she remembered me being upset when Darrent Williams of the Broncos was killed and then with this today she asked,"Daddy, if people knew these were famous football players why didn't they shot someone else?" Really made me think, yes it is sad but how many other people died today of gun shot wounds, stabbings and so one......So we had a moment of silence for every family that lost someone today and then I explained that it should matter if the person is famous or not, it shouldn't happen.

:yeahthat:
Tillman, 27, was shot and killed April 22 during a ground convoy assault not far from Khowst, Afghanistan, near the eastern border with Pakistan. Two other coalition soldiers were wounded in the ambush and an Afghan militia force soldier was killed.

Just to put a little perspective into it :patriot:

Nupe2

It is a sad event but my child really made me think a few moments ago, she remembered me being upset when Darrent Williams of the Broncos was killed and then with this today she asked,"Daddy, if people knew these were famous football players why didn't they shoot someone else?" Really made me think, yes it is sad but how many other people died today of gunshot wounds, stabbings and so on......So we had a moment of silence for every family that lost someone today and then I explained that it should matter if the person is famous or not, it shouldn't happen.

Another :yeahthat: Keep teaching, maybe one day this madness will stop.