Hornets Football

bfncbs1

Can you ping me now? Good
You know that ain't right!!! Our boys have some talent...but how well would they even stack up against teams that aren't local? I watch my newphews games in Waldorf every once and again...and they are good. Real good...same division and they are playing a lot harder...not knocking our boys but.......

Playing harder comes back to coaching. He gets the most out of his players.

The talent pool in Waldorf is larger, the coaching is better and they have better facilities. With all that GMHS, CHS, LHS and most other schools will struggle. Every once in awhile one of them has a good season but you want be able to keep the consistency year after year like Westlake.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Interesting that the Calvert County teams -Pax HS for instance - seem to consistently do well year after year. They even do pretty good against the larger schools in SMAC. I used to live in the Lusby area and I don't see the difference in athletic ability.
When we joined the Pax River Raiders last year and traveled around Calvert playing their teams - it was an eye opener. They seemed bigger, faster and much better coached than anything on this side of the river. This year, on the other hand, we have much better talent led by good coaches and are beating them.
I'm getting the feeling we (St.Marys) should follow the example they have and use the local youth leagues as feeders, maybe even try to teach the youth coaches what the HS coaches are looking for and how to train our kids better.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Just had another thought, how are the Freshman and JV teams doing? I know their coaches go out and scout the youth football and JPD programs. Maybe there is hope on the horizon?