Horse at no expense... (?)

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
:deadhorse If you could have one horse, any breed, trained in any riding discipline, at no cost to you, what kind of horse would you choose? You could pick the color, temperament, height, etc. What would be the perfect horse to you? Why, if you care to elaborate?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Sadielady said:
:deadhorse If you could have one horse, any breed, trained in any riding discipline, at no cost to you, what kind of horse would you choose? You could pick the color, temperament, height, etc. What would be the perfect horse to you? Why, if you care to elaborate?

I would fence in my backyard and get a miniture pony for a pet cause I think their cute. And my dog would have someone to play with.

K

Katie

Hmmm.

That is a tough question.

I would love to get a Irish Sport Horse completely trained in hunter/dressage. I think the Irish Sport Horses are beautiful, and so well trained.

Cowgirl

I would get a 16hh bay QH...lots of white...nice blaze and 4 white stockings. He'd (yep, no mares for me!) be nice and stocky. He'd be nice and calm...with a nice comfy jog and lope. :biggrin:

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
i want a tb that can do riening! one day it will come true... flare can do most of it, just not well. I actually would like a nice wp /reining horse of coarse a tb (one day a tb can beat those qh at there own game) black 16+ hands spunky when it comes to speed events. i love a horse that can do it all, never limit yourself or your horse.

R

remaxrealtor

baileydog said:
I would fence in my backyard and get a miniture pony for a pet cause I think their cute. And my dog would have someone to play with.

Great plan!!!!! We have had tiny Charlie for just over a month now and I love him more every day! He's sweet and playful, but it's still a horse...picking the stall, fly spray, grooming...but worth every bit of it!

If I could pick any horse, it would be an OTT Standardbred with broken up legs and the BIGGEST heart any animal ever had. :huggy:

K

Katie

remaxrealtor said:
Great plan!!!!! We have had tiny Charlie for just over a month now and I love him more every day! He's sweet and playful, but it's still a horse...picking the stall, fly spray, grooming...but worth every bit of it!

If I could pick any horse, it would be an OTT Standardbred with broken up legs and the BIGGEST heart any animal ever had. :huggy:

Hmm..that has to be LOU!!

R

remaxrealtor

Katie said:
Hmm..that has to be LOU!!

There not a thing about him I would ever change (except the colic, which is going GREAT lately). He's one of a kind! How's your boy? He was flat in his stall on Monday! :lmao:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Peanut is already the perfect horse. Except he's decided that flying lead changes are easier than counter canter. I do miss some of the grand prix movements I was doing on the andalusians, but Peanut can kick their butts any day!

:)

Eventer29

Right now I'm thinking something sound, indestructible! (lol I know with horses the indestructible part is impossible) Id like something that has nice huntery movement so I could do the hunters and also event at the lower levels. I prefer something level headed, but with a lil spunk. A nice bombproof dead quiet horse would be just about boring after riding my nut job mares. Bravery over fences would be a must. I like Warmbloods, TBs, QHs, Appies, long as the horse fits my other qualifications breed dosent matter so much. Color? I love a pali, but love my black mare too, spots are nice. Course a good horse can be any color. Sex would have to be a mare. Dont care for geldings, mares match my personality much better. I'm only 5'1 so height wise I like between 15 and 16 hands, medium build, not petite, but not huge drafty.
My black Hanovarian/tb mare fits the bill except for this sudden knee issue. Oh and she can tend to be a little hot at times. Took her to Florida for one of the HITS shows this year and her TB side came out. She had a fit about being seperated from my sister's mare. Wasnt bad over fences but the hack class was hell. She did win her ju7mper class with my sis the next day though!!! So if we get this knee prob resolved I will have her to make into my "perfect horse"

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I already have my perfect horse... :huggy: :howdy: But my back up I would like to be about a 15.2 palomino, dun, buckskin,grulla or paint around 1100 lbs in a fox trotter version. :lmao:

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
I would love to have a Freisian stallion trained to the tee in dressage. I have always wanted one, well since I first discovered them about ten years ago, anyway! I love black horses, and the manes on those handsome guys are to die for. I'd also like to have a stocky QH about 16hh, dun would be the perfect color. I've always liked that color.

Last edited:

FrmGrl

Get some!
I would love to have a nice grey 16.3 Hanoverian that can jump to the moon!! A mare, with a nice attitude and very willing. I still love my OTTB, but if money were no object..... :whistle:

MorganLover

chevylover said:
I would love to have a Freisian stallion trained to the tee in dressage. I have always wanted one, well since I first discovered them about ten years ago, anyway! I love black horses, and the manes on those handsome guys are to die for. I'd also like to have a stocky QH about 16hh, dun would be the perfect color. I've always liked that color. But I guess a chestnut, 15.3 hh TB will have to do for now. I just wish he wasn't quite so nutty!

that would be my breed as well. I have always wanted one but man are the expensive i wish i did have money out the you know what lol i'd have a bunch of them. My morgan mare reminds me of them that is why i feel in love with her so quickly. Oh and i love Duece as well probably b/c her reminds me of the friesian as well, that would be my second choice if i could get what ever i wanted with all the training it needs. I trail ride right now but would love to learn cross country jumping. 3rd would be a morgan (i already have one so i don't need that to be first lol.) probably something with a different color like grulla, or gray i LOVE dark gray horses but they tend to white out so it is hard to find. But i'd also like to have a paso, and a rocky, and maybe a walker lol, so i have no idea really what would be my DREAM horse lol, b/c i would love to have 1 of all different types lol.

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:

Some type of warmblood, dappled grey with dark points, gelding, 16.2, conformation working hunter, plenty of step, knows and loves his job. Something a pro could ride in workings and I could ride in A/Os. Now, in this dream wish list, do I also get to grant myself the skills to ride him? :biggrin:

Tazgirl

mingiz said:
I already have my perfect horse... :huggy: :howdy: But my back up I would like to be about a 15.2 palomino, dun, buckskin,grulla or paint around 1100 lbs in a fox trotter version. :lmao:

I have to say mingiz and I are on the same page. I think my Luke is the perfect horse for me but if I could I would love a palomino, dun or buckskin that is gaited.

TAZ

showqueen74

Sadielady said:

Flurry.......... one for English Pleasure, one for Western Pleasure, and one for Dressage. She's too cute to not wanna clone!! :high5:

K

Katie

showqueen74 said:
Flurry.......... one for English Pleasure, one for Western Pleasure, and one for Dressage. She's too cute to not wanna clone!! :high5:

Flurry...(cute face) Can I have a treat please?? (more cute face)