Horse at no expense... (?)

showqueen74

Sadielady said:
:deadhorse If you could have one horse, any breed, trained in any riding discipline, at no cost to you, what kind of horse would you choose? You could pick the color, temperament, height, etc. What would be the perfect horse to you? Why, if you care to elaborate?
Wait... After I have this perfect horse that does the perfect stuff, do i get the perfect setup (rig and trailer) to go with it? And what about show clothes and the saddle? And a groom? Oh oh what about a staff filled barn?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mingiz said:
I already have my perfect horse... :huggy: :howdy: But my back up I would like to be about a 15.2 palomino, dun, buckskin,grulla or paint around 1100 lbs in a fox trotter version. :lmao:
Gotta silver dapple buckskin mare in RMH version, and am buying a red roan with a palomino or buckskin in her oven :lol: one here is over 15h and one in the oven should be too. :biggrin:

I OWN my breed(s) of choice. RMHs and my 3 Appys (minus the most perfect Appy Cheynne)

I LOVE my smooth movin' 14.3h Black RMH girl Raven Rio. That girl friend is to die for. Flawless Rocky Movement, temperament and beauty in one sassy little package.

Last edited:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Phyxius said:
Peanut is already the perfect horse. Except he's decided that flying lead changes are easier than counter canter. I do miss some of the grand prix movements I was doing on the andalusians, but Peanut can kick their butts any day!

:)

What type are you? 05-31-2007 08:33 PM stop bragging, boring

:buttkick:

Loper

Animal Poor!
fredsaid2 said:
Some type of warmblood, dappled grey with dark points, gelding, 16.2, conformation working hunter, plenty of step, knows and loves his job. Something a pro could ride in workings and I could ride in A/Os. Now, in this dream wish list, do I also get to grant myself the skills to ride him? :biggrin:

Now I'll stick with my arab pony, the inherited pony (don't know what he is), paints/pintos, QH's, Percheron (fat as he is), and my silly little bay (that I have no idea what she is) because they love me and I love them. All 8 of them are perfect to me. But I will have to second fredsaid2 on "Now, in this dream wish list, do I also get to grant myself the skills to ride him?" In my dream I would not be afraid to ride and have the skills needed for each one. :lmao: But I would keep the horses I already have, because they found their way to me for some reason. :razz:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
My little one's MOST perfect horse is her leopard Appy mare Tequila. That mare is beautiful, and blind in one eye, but she and my youngest kidlet are best friends.

My kiddo is very sad she's outgrown her first best friend, a 13h darling little Welshie, who is currently teaching another kidlet to ride.

My youngest kidlet and i both tend to prefer mares too. Not sure why...we just do. MorganLver tends to prefer geldings i think.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
My little one's MOST perfect horse is her leopard Appy mare Tequila. That mare is beautiful, and blind in one eye, but she and my youngest kidlet are best friends.

My kiddo is very sad she's outgrown her first best friend, a 13h darling little Welshie, who is currently teaching another kidlet to ride.

My youngest kidlet and i both tend to prefer mares too. Not sure why...we just do. MorganLver tends to prefer geldings i think.

Happy. I'm going to try to get over there today or this weekend if you'll be around. I am going to check out some hay on the way home from work today but then after rush hour maybe I can head over if it's not too late to check out Mavrick and visit. :howdy:

MorganLover

happyappygirl said:

I don't think gelding over mare matters as long as it is a smooth riding horse and has a brain in it huge head lol. I don't like crazies or hot horses. So gelding or mare doesn't matter. I have a mare now, but loved Dillon the Qh gelding you had way back.

fredsaid2

MorganLover said:
I don't think gelding over mare matters as long as it is a smooth riding horse and has a brain in it huge head lol. I don't like crazies or hot horses. So gelding or mare doesn't matter. I have a mare now, but loved Dillon the Qh gelding you had way back.

What's the old saying? "You can tell a gelding, ask a mare, discuss with a stallion" Geldings hands-down!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
fredsaid2 said:
What's the old saying? "You can tell a gelding, ask a mare, discuss with a stallion" Geldings hands-down!
I'm definately a MARE person, even though LeRoy was a very nice stallion and is an even better gelding. I like my girls.

SMRocks ~ i'm heading out today around 3:00 should put me home by 4:30 so I have a window of between 4:30 and 6:30.

I'll be around tomorrow though. YARD work :dead: