horse auction...

Eventer29

They have tack and barn supplies. I'm wondering about the time myself. I'm thinking it starts around 10 am and ends..whenever they sell everything...horses are last. We always TRY to leave before the horses go through.

arabianpony

They have tack and barn supplies. I'm wondering about the time myself. I'm thinking it starts around 10 am and ends..whenever they sell everything...horses are last. We always TRY to leave before the horses go through.

I have been to one other there and I would probably try to leave too. Most of the horses looked terrified and stressed, a few looked too down to even feel that. There were a few young ones that were gorgeous though. It was along time ago, maybe it has changed since then...

Robin

I have been to one other there and I would probably try to leave too. Most of the horses looked terrified and stressed, a few looked too down to even feel that. There were a few young ones that were gorgeous though. It was along time ago, maybe it has changed since then...
A Auction is an auction...they will never change. Its good entertainment, to see what some will buy an out bid for...most of the horses are there for a reason ... good to the owners, to make a quick sale. unload unrideable and lame horses...sometimes there is a few there that really can turn out nice.
most are young not broke or over rode horses with health issues not disclosed to the buyer. Few have foundered. just be careful and look them over real good.

Robin

A Auction is an auction...they will never change. Its good entertainment, to see what some will buy an out bid for...most of the horses are there for a reason ... good to the owners, to make a quick sale. unload unrideable and lame horses...sometimes there is a few there that really can turn out nice.
most are young not broke or over rode horses with health issues not disclosed to the buyer. Few have foundered. just be careful and look them over real good.

There is also a tack sale going on at fif...same day you might find something....

arabianpony

I am going to try to make it to both if possible. I was looking for a cheap western saddle, semiqh bar, teenager butt seat, 15-16?
I ride an aussie and the stirrups are a bear to adjust so just wanted a guest saddle:)
But just got a great suggestion and will probably take this road.
i am going to get a spare set of english leathers and just switch them out for the kids. They have the same mount, just thinner... I like the thick ones for the trails.

F

finickyfilly

Where exactly is this auction?

Route 235 in Charlotte Hall "The Farmers market" across from Southern States just north of the route 6 intersection they usually have a flea market there every sat with venders selling whatever

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Hey ArabianPony

:howdy:I missed you last Sunday on Elises ride. I thought for sure I would of seen ya. I did see your 3 cuties turned out in the pasture as we rode by them. That little one was a cutie. Maybe I will see ya at the auction. Im going to try to breeze thru there tomarrow.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:lalala::lalala Even going with no checkbook an no trailer didnt work...We couldnt resist. D.N. and I are proud new mommies of a 12YO sorrel med.pony mare. Pictures to follow tomarrow evening. We are such suckers for a pretty face.

The horses were either super cheap or "no sale". There were many that looked like they had a good handle and some also very sharp looking. BUT, most of the time there is a reason they are at auction rather than private party sale.

We havent discovered the reason on this little mare...yet. She is a little lead pushy (which will be fixed shortly) and doesnt like her feet picked (which will be a littleharder to fix) But she is very people friendly, SOUND, good flesh, more whoa than go, very quiet yet alert and soooo good lookin. She was a quick study on lateral flex and gives to pressure. The foundation is there for a good large childs mount.

Hubby said he wasnt surprised when I called him. He said "Yes hunny, the trailers hooked up and Im leaving now. Thats what you called for, right?" :killingme

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
:lalala::lalala Even going with no checkbook an no trailer didnt work...We couldnt resist. D.N. and I are proud new mommies of a 12YO sorrel med.pony mare. Pictures to follow tomarrow evening. We are such suckers for a pretty face.

The horses were either super cheap or "no sale". There were many that looked like they had a good handle and some also very sharp looking. BUT, most of the time there is a reason they are at auction rather than private party sale.

We havent discovered the reason on this little mare...yet. She is a little lead pushy (which will be fixed shortly) and doesnt like her feet picked (which will be a littleharder to fix) But she is very people friendly, SOUND, good flesh, more whoa than go, very quiet yet alert and soooo good lookin. She was a quick study on lateral flex and gives to pressure. The foundation is there for a good large childs mount.

Hubby said he wasnt surprised when I called him. He said "Yes hunny, the trailers hooked up and Im leaving now. Thats what you called for, right?" :killingme

Sounds like you have a keeper. Hubby & pony wise.:jerry:

Loper

Animal Poor!

:killingme never fails... sounds like my hubby... :lmao:

congrats on the mare :yahoo:

ElliesMom

Thats sooo sweet! If you need a rider for the pony to help I will lend you my son, he has been working another green pony for a friend and is unfotrunately fearless. If not Good luck with the little beauty, your hubby is a good man!

appaholic

:killingme Those horse hubbies do know us pretty well! Good luck with new pony.

arabianpony

:howdy:I missed you last Sunday on Elises ride. I thought for sure I would of seen ya. I did see your 3 cuties turned out in the pasture as we rode by them. That little one was a cutie. Maybe I will see ya at the auction. Im going to try to breeze thru there tomarrow.

Ended up having to work the sunday of the trial ride. I stayed way too long at the auction! Saw 2 really cute little guys.... horses that is. I didn't even get a number to stay safe:drool:

Eventer29

I managed to come home w/ no horses!!! Got some tack and buckets and stuff though. Didnt see much horsewise that caught my attention. Liked a couple of the ponies though. The 2 yr old paint was a cutie, if id have had the money I might have looked more seriously at her, and there was a big QH? I think gelding. didnt see him before he went in the ring and he looked to have a huge parrot mouth but when he opened his mouth it was 90% his biiiig upper lip.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Picture of Jersey Girl. 13HH mare from auction

She is proving to be nothin but a sweety lovin her new home.

Attachments

• pics 1016.jpg
    pics 1016.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 96
  • pics 1014.jpg
    pics 1014.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 93