Horse Collapses and dies after Preakness undercard victory

TheLibertonian

I guess it's just SOE to have an autopsy. I somehow doubt there's any real suspicion this was a drug induced attack.

Shame, though.

Hijinx

I guess it's just SOE to have an autopsy. I somehow doubt there's any real suspicion this was a drug induced attack.

Shame, though.

Are you naive about everything. Of course there is real suspicion, that's why they have the autopsy.
Juicing a horse is not an unusual act.

TheLibertonian

Not that much into horse racing but isn't 9 awful old for a race horse? It was also running on a wet track.

Not awful old but I think that's when a lot begin to retire. If I recall from my great-grandfather most horses for racing are between 4-8? Been a long time.

I know if you don't train the horse regularly with adjustments for age and then have a race that can be a huge statistical increase in the likelihood of injury.

stew77

maybe we should get on board and outlaw horse racing? Along with gender specific bathrooms? and or course ANYTHING the offends someone else!! (sarcasm strikes!!)

PeoplesElbow

Not awful old but I think that's when a lot begin to retire. If I recall from my great-grandfather most horses for racing are between 4-8? Been a long time.

I know if you don't train the horse regularly with adjustments for age and then have a race that can be a huge statistical increase in the likelihood of injury.

The main race is for 3 year olds isn't it? Is that the peak of their speed or something?

TheLibertonian

The main race is for 3 year olds isn't it? Is that the peak of their speed or something?

The Kentucky Derby is at 3 years old yeah.

It has to do with bone growth or something I dunno. When I worked on a ranch my only interaction wit hthe horses was mowing their fields and maintaining the fences.

I went to the dog track before in Miami and my dog fell down in the middle of the race and died, that was the end of my betting on dogs.

That made me laugh.