Horse Expertise?

barncat

appyday said:
If I was that hard and unforgiving of my clients I would have none..:sad:

Yes, but Angus has more than enough, which is unfortunate for people like me who screw up every once in awhile.

I used Patrick Riffle for awhile and I liked his work. He appretienced with Angus I think.

barncat

appyday said:
:killingme No lunging for 2 hours first? You will be fine here..my trail stuff is broke..except for my old paso mare she sees ghosts but the others ignore her..

Lets all do this Sunday

Couldn't even walk-trot-canter in the covered for 5 minutes. All we could do was walk-jog around the shed until the "hump" was out of their backs.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
Try riding two young TBs together (talking 2 - 3) in an open field on a winter day with no warm-up. Monkey see, monkey do. I learned to be deathly afraid of deer, bunnies, dogs, and any change in the landscape. And forget going the opposite direction - it's like they stepped foot in a haunted mansion.

What an experience. It would be a piece of cake to ride something that had more than 90 days on it.
OMG the VISUALS!! :killingme

love the "stepped into a haunted house" analogy :lol: GOOD ONE!!
Mine are all sound as a dollar. Can be a tad bossy sometimes but real easy to ride, except when a mean 'ole American Bulldog meets the leopard mare at the head of a trail...she's convinced A-B's EAT Appaloosa's :lol:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OK...so, are we riding sunday? i'm riding either way. wanna come? i'm hoping for snow, but if it's raining, i'll ride anyway. i won't melt, :lol:

barncat

happyappygirl said:
OK...so, are we riding sunday? i'm riding either way. wanna come? i'm hoping for snow, but if it's raining, i'll ride anyway. i won't melt, :lol:

If the offer stands to borrow a critter I'll come along. I first need to find out if I work on Sunday, working two jobs right now keeps me pretty busy.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
barncat said:
If the offer stands to borrow a critter I'll come along. I first need to find out if I work on Sunday, working two jobs right now keeps me pretty busy.
which critter would you like to ride? Appy has a few llamas, and i have some really REALLY big dogs :lol:

j/k of course. See if you work, and if not, we'll pm on sun am.

barncat

happyappygirl said:
which critter would you like to ride? Appy has a few llamas, and i have some really REALLY big dogs :lol:

j/k of course. See if you work, and if not, we'll pm on sun am.

:lol: Has any of the llamas at least had 90 days?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
Yep that was my pleasure horse as a 2-3 yr old..I sold him to Julie as he was bigger then I like for a pleasure horse and was hard to keep those long legs slow...He loves english better.
And Julie has him trained to an incredible level. He watches her no matter where she is in that big ring. He's very responsive to her. She's done a nice job. I think HE was what motivated her to get so much outside training herself. :lol: