horsefighting2.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 134
  • horsefighting3.jpg
    horsefighting3.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 132

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
:frown:

The new deal is "horse tripping" ever heard of that? I think it is big in Mexico..lots of horses end up with that fait.. :sad:

Pandora

It really takes a sick individual to sit with some sort of glee and watch two living creatures rip each other up. :ohwell:

PrepH4U

Pasofever said:
:frown:

The new deal is "horse tripping" ever heard of that? I think it is big in Mexico..lots of horses end up with that fait.. :sad:
Oh my I just looked that up also :shocking:

http://www.fund4horses.org/info.php?id=100

"You are in the front row. A bony Arabian mare stands so close you can see the scars on her flanks, and the terror in her eyes. Three men on horseback swoop down on the mare, chasing her with swinging lariats, until she's galloping 25 miles an hour. Each time the mare races round the ring, a fourth man aims a rope at the mare's forelegs. The goal: to topple her to the ground, and win points.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Pandora said:
It really takes a sick individual to sit with some sort of glee and watch two living creatures rip each other up. :ohwell:
Are boxing, wrestling, lacross and football OK?

Toxick

Splat
Pandora said:

I can't agree that it is sick. This sort of thing has been going on since the apes found the monolith*. It is a part of the human condition, and most likely hardcoded into our DNA since the first creatures crawled screaming out of the primordeal ooze.

In our culture which values peace, companionship, and love toward critters (except for the ones we eat, of course - and except for the ones whose flesh we wear, and the ones we swat for annoying us, and the ones we use for their inflammable fat, and the ones we use to make our medicines and potions) we have forced ourselves to overcome this desire to watch animals turn each other into minced meat.

Instead we go to movies where we watch humans turn other humans into scrap material, or we go to boxing matches, or football games, or wrestling shows. Instead we gawk like idiots when cars crash together and splatters someone's brains all over the pavement.

It's called bloodlust.

It's nothing new, and not really classifiable as "sick".

NOTE: None of the above means I endorse, encourage or in any way condone this behavior. I think the people involved should be quartered. I just don't think they're mentally incapacitated.

*1 point

Pandora

aps45819 said:
Are boxing, wrestling, lacross and football OK?

Those people go in willingly, knowing they can be injured or even killed.

These animals are pissed off by thinking human beings.

Cowgirl

Toxick said:
It is a part of the human condition, and most likely hardcoded into our DNA since the first creatures crawled screaming out of the primordeal ooze.

I really doubt native americans sat around watching animals fight and betting on it....and they certainly didn't mistreat animals for sport. Animals had their purpose. They respected the land and everything on it.