Horse needs new home or will be put down!

horsewoman87

Found out about a horse today that has one week until owner puts him down!
16h 7 year old tb chestnut with white star, gelding named copper street. Some sort of track injury which they had surgery on, has left him unable to continue racing. Owner claims he is sound for pleasure riding.
Located in/near la plata. Owner says he is quiet and laid back - but hasnt been ridden in several months. Has been turned out on farm with other horses. Owner trains race horses so she cant afford to keep the horse on the farm if he cant race!
If anyone has room and is interested in saving this young horse - Please let me know!

Loper

Animal Poor!
Found out about a horse today that has one week until owner puts him down!
16h 7 year old tb chestnut with white star, gelding named copper street. Some sort of track injury which they had surgery on, has left him unable to continue racing. Owner claims he is sound for pleasure riding.
Located in/near la plata. Owner says he is quiet and laid back - but hasnt been ridden in several months. Has been turned out on farm with other horses. Owner trains race horses so she cant afford to keep the horse on the farm if he cant race!
If anyone has room and is interested in saving this young horse - Please let me know!

if she can't afford to keep him she shouldn't be freaking training... I'm sorry but this kind of shiat really pisses me off... oh let's see the horse is not making any money for me so I have to put it down. and give an ultimatum for a week to make someone come take it off my hands... BS
not trying to shoot the messenger so to speak... thanks for trying to find it a home... :howdy:

horsewoman87

Yes it does make me angry as well. Money is all they care about. I was told that this horse is her own, that she breeds and trains her own horses. I didnt get all of the info since it was coming second hand, but it is owners like this that should not be owners at all!

covekat

I tried to look him up, name doesnt match... can you get his registered name? I can find him if you can give me that.

Loper

Animal Poor!
Yes it does make me angry as well. Money is all they care about. I was told that this horse is her own, that she breeds and trains her own horses. I didnt get all of the info since it was coming second hand, but it is owners like this that should not be owners at all!

Ok who is this breeder/owner/trainer ? :duel:
They suck if what you posted is true... need some facts...

horsewoman87

Thats all the info I got from a friend of mine. She went and looked at him, she gave me the info and asked me to help. I just dont have any room. I know he is in La plata, didnt get the womans name. He is registered and tattooed, but all I got was "copper street"
I will get back in touch with her to get the womans name and any more info she has. I will try calling canter, but I know that most local rescues are full. The fall and winter are the worst times to try to find horses like this new homes, everyone is unloading!

horsewoman87

I know freedom Hill is full -she called Mel first, Days End only takes abuse/neglect cases through animal control, and HorseNet in Bel Air is also full and has a waiting list! Anyone know of any other rescues near by? I was thinking TRF as well, but they are so far away and usually require transport to there facility in PA.

Robin

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!

First off...let me say I agree that this is not a pleasant situation at all, but I don't know the whole circumstance to make a conclusion on whats happening (like, has she been trying to place it for months, or is this a snap decision). I will give the owner credit for one thing (this is what makes me feel the owner is not completely money hungry to disregard their animals well being), at least they are willing to spend the money and have the animal humanely put down instead of running it though an auction to try and get the last couple hundred bucks out of it, and risk this guy taking a trip to Mexico.

eventrder

Thats all the info I got from a friend of mine. She went and looked at him, she gave me the info and asked me to help. I just dont have any room. I know he is in La plata, didnt get the womans name. He is registered and tattooed, but all I got was "copper street"
I will get back in touch with her to get the womans name and any more info she has. I will try calling canter, but I know that most local rescues are full. The fall and winter are the worst times to try to find horses like this new homes, everyone is unloading!

I have room if, PM me and give me all the info from your friend. If this is true I have plenty of room. Its not his fault he got hurt on the track! TB's are my weakness! SUCKER I guess!