Horse Science School

flarenuphope

laura+flare= gone
check your e-mail already talk with your mom so relax talk to her tonight ..TC

thanks, i did get the email, but the hard part is are meeting is at the same time, but Moms the leader and Im the pres, so we have to be there for it to begin. Hard part is to contact all the people we know who want to go, to tell them about the deadline.

bhoffman

YES....it was a huge turn around date and im working so luckily my mom is going to try and take it. she has to take a friends packet too because its hard to drop what we are doing. too bad we cant e-mail it back or fax it to sue. why did we have to have such a huge turn around date?

:(

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
thanks, i did get the email, but the hard part is are meeting is at the same time, but Moms the leader and Im the pres, so we have to be there for it to begin. Hard part is to contact all the people we know who want to go, to tell them about the deadline.

if they went last year they were called and e-mailed twice so they should know

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
YES....it was a huge turn around date and im working so luckily my mom is going to try and take it. she has to take a friends packet too because its hard to drop what we are doing. too bad we cant e-mail it back or fax it to sue. why did we have to have such a huge turn around date?

:(

...have to know what classes are wanted to get the right instructors ..

sorry but we can't take them by e-mail or fax .. we will start taking them at 6:30pm because it would not be fair to people that do not have e-mail or a fax machine.. yes there actually are people that do not have e-mail or fax machines. the first 50 students will be able to attend...

bhoffman

...have to know what classes are wanted to get the right instructors ..

sorry but we can't take them by e-mail or fax .. we will start taking them at 6:30pm because it would not be fair to people that do not have e-mail or a fax machine.. yes there actually are people that do not have e-mail or fax machines. the first 50 students will be able to attend...

I never got a phone call. I did get an e-mail with the meeting information but then i didnt get the packet until monday or tuesday and that was when i found out that we had to have them turned in today. luckily my mom can take the packets. What happened to accepting the people from last year first and then accepting new people?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
It's always been first come first serve. We've never taken kids from the previous year then added others, that would never allow new kids to get into the program.

The issue is VOLUNTEERS. Right now we have one main person who initiates everything. She's overwhelmed with that and other stuff. We NEED volunteers to shadow folks so they can step in for next year, otherwise, this WILL be the last year for HSS, as many older kids are attending for the last time, and it's their parents who will be leaving next year, Percy is one of them, as is MGH. I have volunteered for MGH's position as Barn Manager, so I'll be barn manager this year, along with MGH, but there are many many other slots that need to be filled for next year.

ALSO, take the fundraising serious. They are only asked to do ONE fundraiser, and the proceeds for it come DIRECTLY off your child's enrollment fees, last year it brought enrollment fees down to HALF what they would have been.

This volunteer shortage has become so critical, that the continuation of the program is in serious jeopardy as the late registration packet send out and short turn in date indicates. WE NEED YOUR HELP.

Last edited:

beerlover

Be sure to post pictures because I would LOVE to see all those horses in their white lab coats. One question - how do they adjust the microscope with those big old hoofs???

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Well shoot if I had known Eventer29 was going to be the jumping instructor that would have been my 1st priority class. :huggy:
Real question though.. who is going to teach the Beginners Jousting??

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Well shoot if I had known Eventer29 was going to be the jumping instructor that would have been my 1st priority class. :huggy:
Real question though.. who is going to teach the Beginners Jousting??
I sent a PM to Eventer29 and still no response. I have been appointed the task of locating our instructors and would love to talk to her!! The jousting was a clinic not a class. It did look like allot of fun.

erinjograves

It's always been first come first serve. We've never taken kids from the previous year then added others, that would never allow new kids to get into the program.

The issue is VOLUNTEERS. Right now we have one main person who initiates everything. She's overwhelmed with that and other stuff. We NEED volunteers to shadow folks so they can step in for next year, otherwise, this WILL be the last year for HSS, as many older kids are attending for the last time, and it's their parents who will be leaving next year, Percy is one of them, as is MGH. I have volunteered for MGH's position as Barn Manager, so I'll be barn manager this year, along with MGH, but there are many many other slots that need to be filled for next year.

ALSO, take the fundraising serious. They are only asked to do ONE fundraiser, and the proceeds for it come DIRECTLY off your child's enrollment fees, last year it brought enrollment fees down to HALF what they would have been.

This volunteer shortage has become so critical, that the continuation of the program is in serious jeopardy as the late registration packet send out and short turn in date indicates. WE NEED YOUR HELP.

What other volunteers do you need. I am teaching up there again this year, but I would be more than happy to help in other ways as well. Let me know what you guys need and I will certainly try to help!!