Horse stolen in Md.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
Don't worry no slaughter houses open now :huggy: I think he just fell in a hole or something has happened bet they find him...I cant imagine stealing something you would have to carry out of the field...but you know my opinion..

Hi Paso,
DeKalb is up and operating right now as a court decided they can operate while this thing progresses through the legal wrangling. PLUS they are shipping the horses to canada and MEXICO. Plus...what nobody is telling anyone is that the slaughter plants being shut down are just the ones for Human Consumption, there are still small plants which can slaughter for other uses, but are not USDA approved for people.

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Pasofever said:
I wish they opened up more sluaghter houses in the US closing them has really been a mistake..

I agree. Personally, I have only sent 2 two auction with Kill Buyer only status. Both were sent to me and were older than 5. One had seriously hurt two of its handlers, and the other would try and take you out when he could get the chance...both unpredictable and dangerous. Any horse of mine that is good minded is humanely put to sleep....we just put a 24 yr old mare down Monday that was chronically lame...total cost was $500. That is a lot of money, and I understand that some people prefer not to pay it.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
appendixqh said:
I agree. Personally, I have only sent 2 two auction with Kill Buyer only status. Both were sent to me and were older than 5. One had seriously hurt two of its handlers, and the other would try and take you out when he could get the chance...both unpredictable and dangerous. Any horse of mine that is good minded is humanely put to sleep....we just put a 24 yr old mare down Monday that was chronically lame...total cost was $500. That is a lot of money, and I understand that some people prefer not to pay it.

Sorry to hear about your mare..yeah I would pay it too for one of mine...not enough slaughter houses open...too much trash floating around...

Let me know when you are in my area want to show you something...I am not breeding this year so no babies in 2008 for me...but will call you when Misty foals so it will be there ...