Hostess latest company to give out bonuses, Left's response: No big deal

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry Gilligan. I don't usually like to call people out in this manner but, I am just trying to understand why the sudden hate when I was just trying to initially point out the troll attempt.

I do not care to derail this thread any further.

Too late. You wanted attention, now you've got it. There's not a whole lot left to say about this Hostess business anyway. It's good that they're giving bonuses and snack cakes, and there are some sour grapesers who are trying to convince themselves that money and snack cakes are bad. BOOM. Topic done.

I'm still reeling from your assertion that 1) I pick on you and 2) you alone.

:lmao:

Hijinx

Too late. You wanted attention, now you've got it. There's not a whole lot left to say about this Hostess business anyway. It's good that they're giving bonuses and snack cakes, and there are some sour grapesers who are trying to convince themselves that money and snack cakes are bad. BOOM. Topic done.

:lmao:

My mother in law once worked at a factory where they made candy, and told all of those there that they could help themselves. After a couple of days they practically stopped eating it. Got sick of it she said.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Easy killer! If you interpret someone pointing out that you should not to fall for the troll attempt as trying to pick a fight then you might want to adjust your sensitivity. I was merely trying to help.

Wasn't trying to start any static. Geez!

And I wonder now why you do not ask the people on here like Transporter, Starman, seven, Gilligan, Hank, etc. These users pick fights and antagonize on here every hour of the day yet, you reserve your vitriol for me???

There's a group of them that troll each other. Most of the rest of us view it as amusement.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Easy killer! If you interpret someone pointing out that you should not to fall for the troll attempt as trying to pick a fight then you might want to adjust your sensitivity. I was merely trying to help.

Wasn't trying to start any static. Geez!

And I wonder now why you do not ask the people on here like Transporter, Starman, seven, Gilligan, Hank, etc. These users pick fights and antagonize on here every hour of the day yet, you reserve your vitriol for me???

Sorry Gilligan. I don't usually like to call people out in this manner but, I am just trying to understand why the sudden hate when I was just trying to initially point out the troll attempt.

I do not care to derail this thread any further.

There aren't enough limes in the world to make that chit palatable. Maybe if you took the Corona bottle, emptied it out, and filled it with real beer? Then Corona would be quite tasty.

See, that's just it. He drinks that swill WITHOUT the lime. I'm afraid good beer would kill him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My mother in law once worked at a factory where they made candy, and told all of those there that they could help themselves. After a couple of days they practically stopped eating it. Got sick of it she said.

They did that at Baskin-Robbins when I was a kid - "all the ice cream you want!" First two days it was yum city; after that the employees didn't eat it at all.

MiddleGround

Too late. You wanted attention, now you've got it.

Well thank you. It works both ways too ya know.

There's not a whole lot left to say about this Hostess business anyway. It's good that they're giving bonuses and snack cakes, and there are some sour grapesers who are trying to convince themselves that money and snack cakes are bad. BOOM. Topic done.

How nice of you, and you alone, to determine whether or not this topic is done and that no one else would happen to have an opinion on it or have something worthwhile to contribute. You are an administrator on this forum right? Great tactic?

Actually, my exact quote was this:

Where exactly did I say that "You pick on me?" This comment was posted in this thread and in response to the comment you made in this thread. Suddenly, you blow it up to something well beyond that. Assume much?

I posted a simple reply to you about responding to an obvious troll attempt and now you have carried it way past where it should be.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They did that at Baskin-Robbins when I was a kid - "all the ice cream you want!" First two days it was yum city; after that the employees didn't eat it at all.

When I worked at the AMC movie theater, we could eat all the popcorn and drink all the sodas we wanted (as long as we provided our own cup). Now that, we never got tired of.

SamSpade

When I worked at the AMC movie theater, we could eat all the popcorn and drink all the sodas we wanted (as long as we provided our own cup). Now that, we never got tired of.

EVERY place I've ever worked where they allowed free food - sooner or later you got tired of it.

Delivered pizzas in my 20's - eventually only ate pizza because it was free dinner or lunch - had ZERO desire to just have some.
Worked at a seafood place in my early 20's - and you CAN get tired of fried or spiced shrimp. And especially clams.

Now the restaurants always allowed a basic "free" cost to lunches and dinners - in a shift, you were allowed up to a certain amount for free.
At the seafood place, I was eating anything that WASN'T seafood after a while.

I get it. It's true.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Delivered pizzas in my 20's - eventually only ate pizza because it was free dinner or lunch - had ZERO desire to just have some.

I ate at Bambino's 5x a week for several years and never got tired of it. But it wasn't just pizza - we could have salads and subs and stuff too.

I got tired of smelling like that place, but never got tired of eating there.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I worked at both a Pizza Hut Red Roof and a Delivery Store in the early 90's ...
... my best friend and I had a Meat Lovers Pan Pizza every Wed. Night all through the 90s

I still love pizza ...

Pizza Hut
Papa John's
Domino's
Pizza Boli's
Little Caesar's

Peperoni's in Cali Md.