• It won't make them tidy nor accepting of the neat lifestyle

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • It will make then tidy but they will hate themselves for it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Now this is a toughy. I think about this sometimes. Growing up, I was made to do chores everyday and housecleaning and laundry on weekends. So was my step sister. To this day, Im very neat and organized. You know the saying, everything has a place and everything in its place. Thats me. My sister is a slob. Why is that.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sounds like...

baileydog said:
Now this is a toughy. I think about this sometimes. Growing up, I was made to do chores everyday and housecleaning and laundry on weekends. So was my step sister. To this day, Im very neat and organized. You know the saying, everything has a place and everything in its place. Thats me. My sister is a slob. Why is that.

...a personal preference to me. Does she go around flaunting it and demanding special treatment and that people accept her for who she is?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Larry Gude said:
...a personal preference to me. Does she go around flaunting it and demanding special treatment and that people accept her for who she is?

No she doesnt, but I expect you to pick up after yourself in my house.

Toxick

Splat
Larry Gude said:
...will being told 'A clean room is OK' make kids neat?

:lmao:

:killingme

:lol:

:roflmao:

:rofl:

:hahahaha:

:teehee:

:yougottabe####ingkiddingme:

If you ever do learn the secret of making kids neat (besides constant nagging), please forward me all the relevant information.

I'll pay handsomely.

Vince

Taught both of my children to be neat and tidy and pick up after themselves. It carried through to their adulthood. And I still keep a clean, tidy house. I'm picky that way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
See...

Vince said:
Taught both of my children to be neat and tidy and pick up after themselves. It carried through to their adulthood. And I still keep a clean, tidy house. I'm picky that way.

...how do you do that?

Vrail's two were taught better but are both slobs. My two are slobs.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Call...

Toxick said:

:killingme

:lol:

:roflmao:

:rofl:

:hahahaha:

:teehee:

:yougottabe####ingkiddingme:

If you ever do learn the secret of making kids neat (besides constant nagging), please forward me all the relevant information.

I'll pay handsomely.

....Vince!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Larry Gude said:
...how do you do that?

Thats what Im saying, why two of the same people are different. Im a neat freak, sis not. And we were both taught the same.

Vince

Larry Gude said:
...how do you do that?

:shrug: Teach by example. And if they didn't clean their room to my satisfaction, they did it over. If they didn't want to clean it at all, then a penalty was given. No TV, video games, etc. Now they're grown and do it themselves.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I swear to God...

Vince said:
:shrug: Teach by example. And if they didn't clean their room to my satisfaction, they did it over. If they didn't want to clean it at all, then a penalty was given. No TV, video games, etc. Now they're grown and do it themselves.

...our oldest, taught by Vrail with those very consequences, would sit in her room the whole weekend rather than get with the program.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Larry Gude said:
...our oldest, taught by Vrail with those very consequences, would sit in her room the whole weekend rather than get with the program.

Makes for a nice quiet weekend.

Vince

Larry Gude said:
Now that's stubborn. :lmao: But I would be just as stubborn and let them sit there a week if that's their decision. Now my son was a different kind of teaching being he's autistic, but once I taught him to keep his room a certain way, he's always kept it clean. Autistic people are very meticulous in their methods. Now my daughter has been out of the house for 4 years now so she may have reverted, but I don't think so as much as she complains about how messy her roomates are. She's still has my teachings ingrained.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok...

Vince said:
Now that's stubborn. :lmao: But I would be just as stubborn and let them sit there a week if that's their decision. Now my son was a different kind of teaching being he's autistic, but once I taught him to keep his room a certain way, he's always kept it clean. Autistic people are very meticulous in their methods. Now my daughter has been out of the house for 4 years now so she may have reverted, but I don't think so as much as she complains about how messy her roomates are. She's still has my teachings ingrained.

...but you run into school, food, bathroom, all sorts of things.

The flip side is no one went through much to get Vrail neat as a child; she's just a neat person.

I think she was born that way. :lmao:

Vince

Larry Gude said:
...but you run into school, food, bathroom, all sorts of things.

The flip side is no one went through much to get Vrail neat as a child; she's just a neat person.

I think she was born that way. :lmao:
I was neat as a child also, but that comes from my parents. Mom kept a clean house and expected us to do the same. Dad wanted anything we did from mowing the lawn to painting, done to his specs. 3 of us boys and we were all taught the same way and to this day, all 3 of us have not changed our ways. :shrug:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

Vince said:
I was neat as a child also, but that comes from my parents. Mom kept a clean house and expected us to do the same. Dad wanted anything we did from mowing the lawn to painting, done to his specs. 3 of us boys and we were all taught the same way and to this day, all 3 of us have not changed our ways. :shrug:

...then that lends support to the 'just make people behave a certain way and they will' school of thought.

Vince

Larry Gude said:
...then that lends support to the 'just make people behave a certain way and they will' school of thought.
I don't know if I would have put it quite that way, but yes, essentially true. If making my children behave a certain way is teaching them, then OK. If I didn't "force" them to keep things clean, then how would they learn? Remember something else, autism is a behavioral disorder. So I had to teach my son more than how to do things. I have to teach behaviors as well.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's people like...

Vince said:
I don't know if I would have put it quite that way, but yes, essentially true. If making my children behave a certain way is teaching them, then OK. If I didn't "force" them to keep things clean, then how would they learn? Remember something else, autism is a behavioral disorder. So I had to teach my son more than how to do things. I have to teach behaviors as well.

...you that would have prevented the discovery of penicillin. On a piece of pizza. That was under my bed. For two months.