Housing Developments

LPMEDIC

Doin the duty for you....
Hi,

I am going to be looking at houses in the Northern part of St Mary's this weekend. Can anyone give me locations of some of the new housing developments that have gone up near the Mechanicsville area. I know a few, but not sure where the others are located. Thanks for any information!!

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
New ones are going up right behind me ... starting around $350K though :ohwell:

If you WERE to buy one, please PM me first so I can give you a run-down on what to expect from the builder. :wink:

Aimhigh2000

Golden Beach

Ya know, for all the knocks it gets, I would look down in Golden Beach. I found a great house, great location, and moved right in. There are some that are worse than others, but with access to five beaches, and 7 boat ramps, it really is a great neighborhood. There is also a subdivision called Laurel Ridge (Which I alsmost bought a house there) that seems like a nice place also.

There is atleast 1 house ($285K), maybe 1 other ($350K I think) for sale in my neighborhood. We are 2.2 miles east of the Rt. 5 / Rt. 6 interchange (at the 84 Lumber) off Rt. 6. Lavender Estates is the name of the neighborhood (no sign), Dandelion Dr. is the main street in the neighborhood. We are between Lockes Hill Rd. and All Faith's Church.

Nupe2

Originally posted by tatercake
New ones are going up right behind me ... starting around $350K though :ohwell:

If you WERE to buy one, please PM me first so I can give you a run-down on what to expect from the builder. :wink:

TC: Are housing prices that high in the county now? My house is a 4 bedroom colonial with brick front, two car garage, about 2800 sq. ft with 3 acres of land. Any idea what the asking price would be? Just curious...and wondering if my children will ever be able to afford to leave!

F

Filth08xXx

Down the street from me is Mallard's Pond/Hidden Valley...back in this neck of the woods you do what the hell you want...seriously...some nice people down here and they love to party :blushing: Lots of Crab -=n-= Beer feasts too...

CMC122

Go Braves!
Originally posted by Nupe2
TC: Are housing prices that high in the county now? My house is a 4 bedroom colonial with brick front, two car garage, about 2800 sq. ft with 3 acres of land. Any idea what the asking price would be? Just curious...and wondering if my children will ever be able to afford to leave!
I'll begin the wager that you could VERY easily get $300K to start probably more........

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Nupe2
A quick check and there is another 4 bedroom in Charlotte Hall. You can compare them but it's on 1.1 acres and asking $335K. Found it here http://www.homesdatabase.com/russhughes/state/MD1212.shtml using the drop down for locality. With your extra property you could get $350K to $400K if not more. It's crazy right now and with rates starting to rise I bet it gets real crazy real quick.

Nupe2

Originally posted by Ken King
A quick check and there is another 4 bedroom in Charlotte Hall. You can compare them but it's on 1.1 acres and asking $335K. Found it here http://www.homesdatabase.com/russhughes/state/MD1212.shtml using the drop down for locality. With your extra property you could get $350K to $400K if not more. It's crazy right now and with rates starting to rise I bet it gets real crazy real quick.

Thanks for the info. I checked out the home and I am amazed that they're asking $335k. Looks like the kids may be here for a while! Thanks again...sheesh!