How about this for a change of pace...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's GOT to be George Bush's fault. He paid off the judge. No WMD (just parts all over the place), no link between Saddam and Al Qaeda (just documentation and corroboration) - in fact, no real reason at all to have gone to war with that sweet old man. George Bush should be ashamed of himself.

Right, ST? ^5

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I always think it's interesting that certain people only consider something a "real" media outlet if it reports what they want to hear, in exactly the way they want to hear it.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Not-Newsworthy News?

What I find interesting, however, is that according to the Tennessean.com, only The Weekly Standard(besides The New York Post) has reported this story. I sure haven't seen it anywhere else.

I do not expect to hear about it on CNN, NBC, ABC, or CBS.

I can imagine a junior editor at one of the news desks running over to the senior editor and saying "Sir, I've come across this bombshell news linking Saddam and Osama Bin Laden together; should we run it as breaking news or a byline?(like "In other news today....")"

Whereby the senior editor exclaims "Kill it boy! Kill it!! We do not run a viable story like that concurrent with the one we're running now on the fake West African uranium transfer to Iraq and the State of the Union Address!!"

"We can hold Bush's feet to the fire a little longer with the alleged transfer. With your story, we'd be massaging them."

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by vraiblonde
I always think it's interesting that certain people only consider something a "real" media outlet if it reports what they want to hear, in exactly the way they want to hear it.

I would love for this story to be true. It's just that the New York Post has a reputation for neglecting to verify sources and focusing on sensationalism. I have a hard time taking them seriously, especially when more mainstream media sources have not reported this story. That sends up a red flag concerning the credibility of the story. I'm not saying that the mainstream media is always right either but you'd think they'd love this story, if it's true. I know nothing about the Tennesean's credibility record.

SmallTown

Football season!

Yea, we see that a lot on this board :bubble:

Originally posted by cmcdanal
I'm not saying that the mainstream media is always right either but you'd think they'd love this story, if it's true.
They would only like the story if it was an article having Saddam denounce Bin Laden. Anything to try to discredit Bush.

Dymphna

Originally posted by huntr1
They would only like the story if it was an article having Saddam denounce Bin Laden. Anything to try to discredit Bush.

Mainstream media is traditionally liberal, I'll grant you that, but I think they'd still like a story that allows the US to say, "See, we were justified." Besides, I don't see anyone showing that this story was in the Washington Times which is traditionally conservative politically.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cmcdanal
I think they'd still like a story that allows the US to say, "See, we were justified."
However it would also mean the media would have to say, "oops, we were wrong" so you know it's never going to happen.

Could be that the judge was full of it. Who knows? It was a letter from the front sent to and published by his hometown newspaper. There's a reason why the story isn't going mainstream but I'll be darned if I know what it is.

Dymphna

However it would also mean the media would have to say, "oops, we were wrong" so you know it's never going to happen.

Could be that the judge was full of it. Who knows? It was a letter from the front sent to and published by his hometown newspaper. There's a reason why the story isn't going mainstream but I'll be darned if I know what it is.

I'm sure they just couldn't verify the source. They couldn't get in contact with the judge or he thought better of talking about his work until HE'd verified it some or maybe the letter was faked. No major media outlet is going to run this story with just a letter the hometown newspaper has without some major checking up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah, it just occurred to me he's on a gag or something. Surely the Pentagon would prefer to verify the information before they just let this judge put it out there.