How are people so oblivious?

PJay

Anyone remember when stores had golden watermelon about 25 years ago?

I had to look it up. Did you try it? Did it taste the same as the red?

16543.png

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I was well into adulthood before I heard the stereotype about black people and watermelon/fried chicken. That's just typical American food so it says something about the event organizers that they'd make that racist association. "OMG, we woke liberals better not serve watermelon because.....black people!!"

Idiots.

mitzi

I was well into adulthood before I heard the stereotype about black people and watermelon/fried chicken. That's just typical American food so it says something about the event organizers that they'd make that racist association. "OMG, we woke liberals better not serve watermelon because.....black people!!"

Idiots.
It is stupid, along with the stereotype. I always heard snide watermelon remarks, then my Grandpa would sit there and a half a watermelon. We always had watermelon.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Just looking for something to bitch about. Just like the ikea cafeteria lunch special a few years ago. People chose to lose their minds over an item on a menu.

The watermelon of my youth were all sweet and cripsy. Today's melon is a craps shoot if it will be good or not.

Toxick

Splat
I had to look it up. Did you try it? Did it taste the same as the red?

View attachment 164516

Get the **** out of my face with that bullshit.

Looks like a goddam alien larva would shoot out of it and attach to someone's face.

That's just awful. It could take like the freshest sweetest and best green/red watermelon that ever grew, and I wouldn't open my mouth anywhere near that mother ****er.

jrt_ms1995

Get the **** out of my face with that bullshit.

Looks like a goddam alien larva would shoot out of it and attach to someone's face.

That's just awful. It could take like the freshest sweetest and best green/red watermelon that ever grew, and I wouldn't open my mouth anywhere near that mother ****er.
So, none for you?

Hijinx

Watermelon like everything else has gotten expensive.
I was in BJ's the other day and they had these tiny melons about as big as a good sized cantaloupe and they wanted $4.99 for them. What happened to big old watermelons with seeds in them.? I remember when I was a kid they sold watermelons on the side of the road and they would cut a plug out of them so you could see what you were getting. Boy ,that's another old tradition that has passed.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Stauffers had those a couple of years ago. They were smaller with no acid, just all sweet. Kind of a kool aid flavor.
Found a place on shady mile drive (the road going back to Cracker Barrel) selling a green skinned variety with golden flesh. They’re about the size of a football and sell for 2-3 dollars each. This is one of the best watermelons I’ve had in years.