How 'Bout Them Skins?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Danny's okay - a nice kid, the last one you'd expect to beat up his girlfriend (boyfriend?) or get mixed up in drugs. He just doesn't have much of an arm. That's why he's blown up so far in his NFL career but seems to be getting it back under Spurrier. Spurrier knows how to play him. This is definitely not the person who should be on a Ditka team, that's for sure.

B

Bruzilla

I could be wrong here, but as I think back to the day that Spurrier's hiring was announced and I proclaimed in these forums that he would be the best coach the Deadskins ever had, I was pretty much universally blasted by everyone. So may I say thank you to all of you Johnny (and Vrai)-come-lately's who now realize what a great coach Spurrier is. :biggrin: I loved Spurrier's halftime comment about how "We played like crap..." One thing you'll see with Spurrier, and that I mentioned when he was hired, he's not a management guru. He thinks and acts like a player, and you'll never hear him single out the defense, offense, players, coaches, etc., for things going bad. It's always "we", "us", etc. That garners a lot of respect from players.

As a longtime Gator fan, I can tell you that anyone who thinks Danny Wuerfel doesn't have a great arm doesn't know crap about football. After watching his outstanding performance at Florida, it's little wonder that Spurrier wasted no time in grabbing him up. The Saints did a horrendous job of effectively using Wuerfel just as they did Ricky Williams. Wuerfel's got the talent, he just needs the right environment, and he's got that with Spurrier.

As a lifelong Steelers fan, and Pittsburgh native, I hated to see my Steelers lose, but I was glad to see Spurrier win and get the respect that I feel he very well deserves. It's hard for me to be against a team that is led by my favorite college coach and contains six players from my favorite college team. For me watching the Deadskins is like watching the Gators play... I just wish they would get rid of those Seminole uniforms.:biggrin:

Lilly

The Original Lilly
The only thing I can say - is that if I was a quarterback playing against the 'skins - I think I would learn from the Steelers mistakes and keep my arse on the right side of the line of scrimmage!! Watching Arrington make those hits was the best part of my night!! I hate the Steelers - always have - not sure why - just never liked them.

I wasn't sure how I felt about Spurrier in the beginning - but when he came out at halftime and said "Aw, we look like crap. But we will get better. Don't leave yet!" I loved him. And then he backed it up which is twice as good!!

My question is: Who do you think should get the starting QB position??

Lilly

The Original Lilly
Originally posted by Bruzilla
I just wish they would get rid of those Seminole uniforms.:biggrin:

I heard that those were only for the preseason . . . please tell me I am right. I mean I know it has to do with the whole anniversary thing - but those things are ugly?!?!?

B

Bruzilla

Danny Wuerfel.:razz2:

And here's another prediction for all... the Steelers and the Redskins in the Super Bowl come next January.

B

Bruzilla

I heard that the team would be wearing them for each home game during the season.

I loved it when during training camp some sportscast video was taken of former Gator Jacquez Green turning the helmet over and saying "Coach Spurrier ain't going to be happy about this.":razz2:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Look, Bru, I already admitted I was critical of Spurrier. I think the comment I made was, "Yeah, you trying screaming at million-dollar athletes like that, buddy!" But obviously he was a good coach.

Lilly asks
My question is: Who do you think should get the starting QB position??
DannyWaffle's the starter. Whether he can stay that way is up to him. I hope he has a record-breaking season - that way they can call FedEx Field the "WuerffelHouse" :lol:

Bru says
The Saints did a horrendous job of effectively using Wuerfel
...and the Packers...and the Bears...:lol: It kind of makes you wonder if Waffle isn't a bit of a hothouse flower - can't play for anyone but Spurrier.

And BK
BTW, Vrai, thanks for the pedantic explanation of football; not bad for a girl!
Where's that bird-flipping icon......?

Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Originally posted by vraiblonde
And BK Where's that bird-flipping icon......?

Here it is...

Attachments

• flipa.gif
    flipa.gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 124

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Look, Bru, I already admitted I was critical of Spurrier. I think the comment I made was, "Yeah, you trying screaming at million-dollar athletes like that, buddy!" But obviously he was a good coach.

Lilly asks DannyWaffle's the starter. Whether he can stay that way is up to him. I hope he has a record-breaking season - that way they can call FedEx Field the "WuerffelHouse" :lol:

Bru says ...and the Packers...and the Bears...:lol: It kind of makes you wonder if Waffle isn't a bit of a hothouse flower - can't play for anyone but Spurrier.

And BK Where's that bird-flipping icon......?

But I meant it in the best way possible!!!
:biggrin:

And Jazz...you're always just right on the spot, aren't you?
(j/k)

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: a little odd

Originally posted by cattitude

kinda like she's stalking you, isn't it?:lmao:

It's more like she's always there to lend a hand when it's time to flame BK.
:biggrin:

But, regardless, I still respect her for that!
:kiss: