How do you make Chinese style white rice?

tommyjones

Oh good Lord, put 1 cup long grain rice in 2 cups cold water. put on stove, bring to a boil, stir, cover , reduce heat to simmer and set the timer for 20 minutes. Perfect rice every time. No need for a rice cooker.

listen up dummies, this is the answer, good work baileydog

CMC122

Go Braves!
When I ask for white rice they always correct me and say "steamed rice" so isn't it cooked in a steamer?

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I dont know how the restaurants cook it. Follow the 1 part to 2 parts and youll never fail. Also be sure your using long grain white rice. Uncle bens or min rice wont work.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Haven't made any since yesterday evening. I will use your technique next time. I eat rice quite a bit so it won't be long.

Good luck, follow my recipe and it will come out perfect. Make sure your on a low simmer when you cover. DO NOT uncover for 20 min.

:offtopic: The 12 oclock news started with gas hits 3.95 a gallon. CRAP!!!!!

General Lee

I'll be damned bailydog....Did your instructions and whola! That is what I was looking for. Thank you.

Last edited:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
I'll be damned bailydog....Did your instructions and whola! That is what I was looking for. Thank you.

I told you it was easy as 1,2,3. No special pans needed. Now for lesson # 2, you can make any amount, you dont even need a measuring cup. Lets say all you have is an empty soup can, ok, fill can with rice and then 2 cans water. It works with any measuse, 2 water to 1 rice. Have fun now. Glad to be of service.:howdy:

smilin

BOXER NATION
Oh good Lord, put 1 cup long grain rice in 2 cups cold water. put on stove, bring to a boil, stir, cover , reduce heat to simmer and set the timer for 20 minutes. Perfect rice every time. No need for a rice cooker.

Twenty five years of working in the Restaurant Biz and can't beat your recipe.
(2:1, 20 minutes)
:coffee: