How early is too early to mow your lawn?

Chris0nllyn

I always wait until the afternoon when it's dry. Don't have to clean the mower.

Same here.

I tend to do it Friday afternoons after work.

1. I can sleep in on the weekends.
2. I get more done over the weekend.
3. If we go away for the weekend, the grass is cut when we get back instead of a jungle.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
My grass gets mowed whenever Mr. Grass-Cutting-Dude shows up at my house. :biggrin:

It is totally worth the $$ to have someone else cut our grass for us.....it gives us time to have FUN!

beamher

I must be a bad neighbor because I do 7 on Saturday(Im already in the yard several hours, so starting later =YIKES!!); however, I normally tackle it after work so I can have my weekends to enjoy.

For me, 8am. That's when one of the neighbors plays the national anthem on loudspeakers for the whole neighborhood to hear. I figure everyone is up by then.

beamher

I would actually care about the dogs if they didn't leave them out all night barking. That damn rooster is way more annoying though.

same here. I think one of them stays up late to let them out to bark then someone takes the wee hours of the morning shift to let them out again.

For me, 8am. That's when one of the neighbors plays the national anthem on loudspeakers for the whole neighborhood to hear. I figure everyone is up by then.

Ok..... :doh: Talked with my neighbor yesterday. None of the neighbors play the anthem. Apparently what I have been hearing is the 8am flag raising from the parade grounds on the base. I had no idea the sound was traveling that far. Speakers must be pointed in my general direction.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
It's really sad that when someone semi-close to us started to mow the lawn or weed eat before 7 a.m. (either a Fri or Sat morning) I immediately thought of this thread :lol:

Hannibal

It's really sad that when someone semi-close to us started to mow the lawn or weed eat before 7 a.m. (either a Fri or Sat morning) I immediately thought of this thread :lol:

I'm an odd character I think as in I don't mind when "outside" sounds / occurrences of "normal" nature wake me up. My house faces directly into the morning sun and I intentionally leave my blinds open so the sun lights up our room. My wife hates this so sometimes I have to raise them after she goes to sleep. I love being woken up by the sun. I don't mind hearing a lawn mower running as it makes me think of a "nice day" (decent weather) which gets me motivated to get up and going. I honestly feel more rested waking this way as opposed to blanketing my room in darkness and waking up at 9AM when my body starts to ache because I've been horizontal too long.

As for me - I'm usually not cutting grass any earlier than 9AM simply because that is how timing works out. Get up, do a couple odds/end in the house, feed kids, etc. By the time the garage door opens - it's usually around 9AM. May do an earlier run if the schedule is booked tight and it's gonna be a blazer.

Bonehead

That may be the Coast Guard station that you hear @ 0800, we hear it often.

RetiredCPO

SCHEDULE 61.4.1: MAXIMUM NOISE STANDARDS 1 BY ZONING DISTRICT
Zone of Property Receiving Noise*
Maximum Noise Level Ldn or CNEL, dB
Residential Districts: RL, RH, RMX, RLT, RPD and RNC 60
Commercial and Mixed Use Districts: CC, DMX, CMX, TMX, VMX,RCL, and RSC 65
Office, Business Park: OBP 65
Industrial and Marine Districts: I, CM 70
Planned Development In accordance with base district
* Refer to Chapter 53 for exemptions for agricultural activities.
2. Duration and Timing. The noise standards above shall be modified as follows to account for the
effects of time and duration on the impact of noise levels:
a. In residential districts, the noise standard shall be 5 dB lower between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
b. Noise that is produced for no more than a cumulative period of five minutes in any hour may exceed the standards above by 5 dB.
c. Noise that is produced for no more than a cumulative period of one minute in any hour may exceed the standards above by 10 dB.

Agee

SCHEDULE 61.4.1: MAXIMUM NOISE STANDARDS 1 BY ZONING DISTRICT
Zone of Property Receiving Noise*
Maximum Noise Level Ldn or CNEL, dB
Residential Districts: RL, RH, RMX, RLT, RPD and RNC 60
Commercial and Mixed Use Districts: CC, DMX, CMX, TMX, VMX,RCL, and RSC 65
Office, Business Park: OBP 65
Industrial and Marine Districts: I, CM 70
Planned Development In accordance with base district
* Refer to Chapter 53 for exemptions for agricultural activities.
2. Duration and Timing. The noise standards above shall be modified as follows to account for the
effects of time and duration on the impact of noise levels:
a. In residential districts, the noise standard shall be 5 dB lower between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
b. Noise that is produced for no more than a cumulative period of five minutes in any hour may exceed the standards above by 5 dB.
c. Noise that is produced for no more than a cumulative period of one minute in any hour may exceed the standards above by 10 dB.

Really! This is on the books

I assume "noise" is all inclusive, Mom yelling at the kids, dogs barking, chain saws, etc... Anyone ever hear of this being enforced? Sounds like an avenue to shut-down your noisy neighbors!

RetiredCPO

Really! This is on the books

I assume "noise" is all inclusive, Mom yelling at the kids, dogs barking, chain saws, etc... Anyone ever hear of this being enforced? Sounds like an avenue to shut-down your noisy neighbors!

Yes, I looked it up when the contractors building our neighborhood started showing up at 0530 on a weekend to begin work. I know they have a job to do and would like to get as much accomplished when it's cooler outside... but come on, 0530 with the generators, compressors, nail guns...

If it were a neighbor, I would talk to them first to resolve the issue...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ok..... :doh: Talked with my neighbor yesterday. None of the neighbors play the anthem. Apparently what I have been hearing is the 8am flag raising from the parade grounds on the base. I had no idea the sound was traveling that far. Speakers must be pointed in my general direction.

OR from across the water at Solomons..