how many musicians on this forum?

joedancer

bookman
I play guitar and was wondering how many others of you have played instruments or currently play. I have a group if any one is interested in communicating with other musicians, or looking for a band, etc.
It is free, and open to all. I am always up for a jam!

Joe

southern maryland musician

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
I play some acoustic guitar, just plinkin' out some country/folk stuff. Mostly just for my family.

I always thought it would be fun to hook up with a bluegrass group, but I've got the house, kids, and career to keep me busy too.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by joedancer
I play guitar and was wondering how many others of you have played instruments or currently play. I have a group if any one is interested in communicating with other musicians, or looking for a band, etc.
It is free, and open to all. I am always up for a jam!

Joe

southern maryland musician

I played Bass Guitar since I was 13 and I'm 51 now.. Country, Western, Rock, Disco, Soul, Blues, Jazz, Religous and more. If I can hear it, I can pretty much play it.

StarDustSoprano

Green Eyed Girl
Well, I'm currently going to school to get my major in Vocal Performance in Classical. And intend on focusing on Opera. And I play some piano, but I love singing the most! I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar though, maybe someday :)

joedancer

bookman
Originally posted by StarDustSoprano
Well, I'm currently going to school to get my major in Vocal Performance in Classical. And intend on focusing on Opera. And I play some piano, but I love singing the most! I always wanted to learn how to play the guitar though, maybe someday :)
Where are you going to school? I have spent many years teaching at performing arts high schools and universities...

StarDustSoprano

Green Eyed Girl
Csm at the moment...to get core classes done etc etc. I was considering Juilliard/ New England Conservatory but decided that those may be better suited as Schools for when I get my Masters.
Performing Arts schools eh? Thats really cool! One of my ambitions is to eventually teach opera at a conservatory.

joedancer

bookman
Csm at the moment...to get core classes done etc etc. I was considering Juilliard/ New England Conservatory but decided that those may be better suited as Schools for when I get my Masters.
Performing Arts schools eh? Thats really cool! One of my ambitions is to eventually teach opera at a conservatory.
Both of those schools are conservatories and you cannot get a masters from them per se. You need to consider schools that would allow you to get an MFA. One such program, that has a very fine opera program is Southern Methodist University in Dallas. I used to teach there. There are others as well. The difference between conservatories and universities is inclusion of academic courses in your degree program.

StarDustSoprano

Green Eyed Girl
Yeah, I get what your saying. I would like to take other classes than just MUSIC classes, so I'm thinking a University is better suited for me.
I'll have to look into the school you mentioned!Is it a very large school?

joedancer

bookman
Yeah, I get what your saying. I would like to take other classes than just MUSIC classes, so I'm thinking a University is better suited for me.
I'll have to look into the school you mentioned!Is it a very large school?

No, it is a small liberal arts university. There are about 6000 undergraduate students in the entire school. It is not cheap, as it is a private university. You can visit their web site at www.smu.edu.
Joe