How many of us...

nicole_M

We had Comcast when we lived in Selby (near Annapolis) and I never had a problem. Now we have DirecTV and never a problem. I'd recommend either. But did you guys read how Comcast was fined $15K for poor customer service in Mont. County? Hmm...

I have though about switching to Comcast and doing the internet/phone/cable bundle, but we pay about the same now for our Verizon and DirecTV.

nicole_M

My cousin has DSL and it's not nearly as fast as Comcast for internet service. :shrug:

I have DSL (Verizon) and my FIL has Comcast...I think it may just be his computer but my DSL is faster..BUT when we had high speed a few years ago it was VERY fast...DSL is hit or miss...Some days it pops right up, others it takes a sec to load...

I am posting from my laptop and use it more often now b/c it is way faster that our desktop.

M

Mousebaby

My cousin has DSL and it's not nearly as fast as Comcast for internet service. :shrug:

No, but DSL is more reliable and it doesn't bog down in the evening when a bunch of people are on at once. One line, one person using it. Makes for consistent speed. Now, I for one am dying for FIOS to come to town. But from what I've heard its going to be a while. :ohwell:

meangirl

Nice lady!
I have DSL (Verizon) and my FIL has Comcast...I think it may just be his computer but my DSL is faster..BUT when we had high speed a few years ago it was VERY fast...DSL is hit or miss...Some days it pops right up, others it takes a sec to load...

I am posting from my laptop and use it more often now b/c it is way faster that our desktop.

No, but DSL is more reliable and it doesn't bog down in the evening when a bunch of people are on at once. One line, one person using it. Makes for consistent speed. Now, I for one am dying for FIOS to come to town. But from what I've heard its going to be a while. :ohwell:

Mine never bogs down and the speed is always super fast no matter what time of day. :shrug:

Anyways, I can't wait for FIOS either. :yay:

nicole_M

Mine never bogs down and the speed is always super fast no matter what time of day. :shrug:

Anyways, I can't wait for FIOS either. :yay:

Me, too. My aunt just got FIOS. Verizon was there running the lines when I was there on Wednesday. It may be my computer, I don't know but I am not complaining...I am very happy with Verizon. And it is so much cheaper than high speed.

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
We've only had a few problems with Metrocast but overall we are happy with it.

Really? they are extremely overpriced for the service they provide. If you went 'Dish' or another satellight provider, you could get more channel's at a less expensive price.

Mikeinsmd

We've only had a few problems with Metrocast but overall we are happy with it.
:yeahthat: I'm very happy.

Really? they are extremely overpriced for the service they provide. If you went 'Dish' or another satellight provider, you could get more channel's at a less expensive price.
I don't think so. I get expanded basic TV and 5 mb HS internet for $95.00/mth and that includes all taxes & fees. Seems reasonable to me. :shrug:

N

nitwhit3286

Just when I thought Mertrocast was bad...Cox Communications is garbage too.....

jetmonkey

The Metrocast DVR is junk. The remote has terrible range and sometimes turns off the television. It generally misses the start of the programs. It records programs under the wrong name. Sometimes the recordings have pixilation. Sometimes it claims that you are getting cable illegally in the middle of watching and requires a total system reset which means you lose the channel guide for several hours to a day. The fast forward feature sometimes repeatedly returns to the beginning of the commercial block when you are trying to skip over them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm very pleased with Metrocast. I have had ZERO outages since getting their service in April. In Frederick, we had Adelphia and the internet went down at least once a week, and sometimes for days at a time. You try to contact "support" and they basically tell you to GFY - it's either not their problem and you need a new router/modem/computer, OR they run you around to 6 million different departments until you give up.

The cable TV has been issue-free as well. :shrug: