How Much Does It Costs to Own a Vagina?

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"Given the national debate regarding birth control coverage, it's increasingly clear that many people have no idea how much it costs it to own a vagina — folks are getting up in arms about the idea that the pill could set uninsured women back about $1000 a year, but in the grand scheme of things, that's nothing.

Do you even know just how much you're shelling out for your clam? Were you aware of the fact that in your 20s alone, you will spend over $26,000 on vaginal maintenance?

Herewith, we do the math on just how much that cooter is costing you.

bcp

In My Opinion
1000 a year for birth control? LOL unless you are speaking about abortion, I dont think so.

BC pills will cost around 45 for three month
however, for 400 or so you can get an IUD, which is more dependable than BC pills and will last up to 12 years
and for 500+ you can get an implant that will last up to 3 years and again, more dependable.

CrashTest

1000 a year for birth control? LOL unless you are speaking about abortion, I dont think so.

however, for 400 or so you can get an IUD, which is more dependable than BC pills and will last up to 12 years
and for 500+ you can get an implant that will last up to 3 years and again, more dependable.

If Nhboy keeps his legs closed, he won't have to pay a nickel for BC.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Were you aware of the fact that in your 20s alone, you will spend over $26,000 on vaginal maintenance?

That's bull#### unless you're some skank who runs around Jersey Shoring with dirty men who give you STDs. And that's your problem, slut. I'm almost 50 and I haven't spent anywhere near that on "vaginal maintenance".

kk2187

I didn't read the article, skimmed over his post and read the other replies.

The brand I use is just under $260 for a 3 month supply. I pay $50 after my deductible for the 3 packs. Generic is $15 a month (plus whatever insurance covers?), but I can't take it.

So, for the uninsured, taking (my) brand name pills would cost $1040. :shrug:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
An iud uninsured costs around 800..that's without paying for the follow up appt to check it. With yearly doc visits, bc, and umm hygiene supplies I can see where it does indeed get to be expensive. They are counting stuff that doesn't really count, but its pretty much a fact that women's maintainence of all kinds costs more.

But I utterly, positively, REFUSE to take seriously an article that uses the terms "clam" or "cooter".

bcp

In My Opinion
I didn't read the article, skimmed over his post and read the other replies.

The brand I use is just under $260 for a 3 month supply. I pay $50 after my deductible for the 3 packs. Generic is $15 a month (plus whatever insurance covers?), but I can't take it.

So, for the uninsured, taking (my) brand name pills would cost $1040. :shrug:

There are much cheaper brands out there.
Just because you can afford to purchase the name brand that you do, does not mean everyone has to have the same brand.
If they cant afford 1000, a quick search on the internet showed me that you could get them for 1/3 the cost.

Just like cars, I would love to have a high dollar Italian sports car, but its just not in my budget, so, in the morning leaving for work, my neighbor pulls out in a Lamborghini and I pull out in my truck. Life is only as fair as you make it for yourself.
I don't hate him because he does so well, I'm happy for him. Honestly happy for him. (but he still wont let me drive his car. let me ride in it once, but that's it.)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
"Here's one of your own. Now leave mine alone," Tinsley said.
Dear slut,

We're trying to leave your uterus alone but you keep insisting on making it our business. Believe me, we'd love nothing more than to stay as far away from your uterus as we can, but when we're paying for it it's common sense for us to have a vested interest.

So if you want us to leave your uterus alone, how's about you stop waving it in our faces and demanding money for its upkeep?

:rolleyes:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
That's just utter nonsense. For a period of time, my health insurance did not cover the cost of BC pills. I never asked anybody else to pay for my pills either. A generic prescription cost a little over $10 a month. Rounded up to $11 times 12 = $132. A yearly exam with my insurance had a copay of $25. $132 + $25 = $157 a year. But amazingly enough there are plenty of places a woman can go (such as Planned Parenthood) where she can get a yearly exam for little to nothing and a free 6 month supply of birth control pills and condoms. I don't know where these folks are getting their numbers from, but I believe it's extremely slanted and manipulated in order to prove a point, not reality.