How much tequila can you drink?

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by watercolor23
I can have 3 shots before I am LAID OUT ON THE FLOOR!

Reminds me of the 3-shot tequila shot glass. It said:

One Tequila
Two Tequila
Three Tequila
Floor

RangerJohn

Being somewhat of a Tequila connosieur, when I hear of someone "doing shots of Jose Cuervo", and "eating the worm" I cringe. Being from SoCal, I've made numerous trips across into Baja California, and most shopowners sell Jose to the gringo's who don't know any better. And given the taste of it, I can see why you want to get it over with quickly! And technically, Jose is not tequila! All true tequila's must be made from the BLUE agave plant, and Jose' takes shortcuts as we say. Jose does offer what they call a "Tradicional" which is a reposado tequila, made from blue agave, and aged in oak barrels. However, in Mexico they have a saying: "Amigos do not let amigos drink Cuervo!"
A good tequila has a slightly amber colour (not Gold!) and is labeled "Reposado." This is a tequila that can be sipped, and tastes superb, especially when chased down with a little pepper sauce.

That stuff with the worm in it is called Mescal, and is a tequila copy, that is made from the same mescalero plant, the one that produces peyote. I had a friend who sampled some, and we guess that the worm inside still had some peyote button in it's stomach, and next thing we knew Irie Craig was talking to the animals and other invisible beings for the next couple of hours! And for those of you subject to drug testing, be careful eating that worm!

Sadly, tequila is becoming as expensive as, if not more, scotch. My last trip home to San Diego came as a shock to me, when I could purchase a liter of my favourite Sauza Hornitos Resposado cheaper in the Von's in Scripps Ranch than I could in Puerto Nuevo (the renowned "Lobster Village" in between Tijuana and Ensenada. A dinner of 2 pacific lobster, rice, beans, tortilla's and drinks runs about $8 bucks!) A shortage of blue agave, higher taxes in Mexico, and a growing demand for tequila was explained for this rise in costs.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Re: Down for the Count

Originally posted by watercolor23
Guess it would huh? :lol:

:biggrin: Hey, that's alright WC23, what with the price of Tequila rivalling that of good Scotch, three shots and out is ok
in my book!
Justhangn: Check out RangerJohn's dissertation
on Tequila, and Mescal! This guy knows his s#!t, er, Tequila! Tell you the truth, I'd forgotten about some of the nastier versions of
Mescal that I just had buy on our many visits to Mexico.
Yeah, I had to get one with the worm in it! It sat in our cupboard for months before anyone even had the guts to try it. Talk about something that will make you gasp, and bring tears to your eyes, Whew! We ended up using it mostly in mixed drinks after that episode.

penn

mercury_m

Tequila

Ok, my oddest night w/ tequila..... me and 4 of my friends killed a bottle of Jose taking shots. Of course we had lime and salt. then it was still early so we go get more. We kill that bottle and we went and got the third..... that bottle was gone so me and a guy who was there go get the fourth bottle. We kill the forth bottle and the guy starts trying to molest me so I dip out and drive home. Lets just say I hit the curb 3 times that night on my various trips to the store, luckily I didn't mess up my car. The next morning I wake up and am home. I don't remember getting there. I ask my boyfriend what happened. He said I came home really drunk and asked him to make me some food. He went to make me some and when he came back I was already passed out. He woke me up and I had about 2 bites and passed out again. Somehow I didn't throw up. That was to 1st night I actually blacked out and drove. It was very scary and I had to go search my car over to make sure I hadn't hit something or someone. It was all ok though luckily. I won't drive like that anymore. Trust me it's not cool to know you drove but not remember driving. So to answer the question.... we had four people and four bottles and we all took shots together, so..... a bottle.
I want some Mescal though. I want the worm. I've heard fun things about that. I have 2 alcohols on my To Do list: Mescal and Absinthe - not the American version either, the european one.

Last edited:

ocean733

mercury_m said:
Ok, my oddest night w/ tequila..... me and 4 of my friends killed a bottle of Jose taking shots. Of course we had lime and salt. then it was still early so we go get more. We kill that bottle and we went and got the third..... that bottle was gone so me and a guy who was there go get the fourth bottle. We kill the forth bottle and the guy starts trying to molest me so I dip out and drive home. Lets just say I hit the curb 3 times that night on my various trips to the store, luckily I didn't mess up my car. The next morning I wake up and am home. I don't remember getting there. I ask my boyfriend what happened. He said I came home really drunk and asked him to make me some food. He went to make me some and when he came back I was already passed out. He woke me up and I had about 2 bites and passed out again. Somehow I didn't throw up. That was to 1st night I actually blacked out and drove. It was very scary and I had to go search my car over to make sure I hadn't hit something or someone. It was all ok though luckily. I won't drive like that anymore. Trust me it's not cool to know you drove but not remember driving. So to answer the question.... we had four people and four bottles and we all took shots together, so..... a bottle.
I want some Mescal though. I want the worm. I've heard fun things about that. I have 2 alcohols on my To Do list: Mescal and Absinthe - not the American version either, the european one.

:sleeping:

I'm sorry. Did you say something?