How quickly does SOMD.com cause people to become..

How long does it take?

• Total voters

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Jaded? It seems to have that effect on people, if they weren't already jaded, and the ones that were already...become high priestesses and the like. :lol:

So whatcha think? :popcorn:

MMDad

Lem Putt
If you let an internet forum affect your outlook on life, you are an extreme loser.

The forums may have unlocked that hidden part of you, but your absolute loserness would have eventually been released. You should be happy that the forums helped you realize that you are a loser sooner rather than later, Johnny.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The forums...

...have actually made me a good bit less jaded. I've had my thoughts on any number of subjects challenged and provoked and I've learned a great deal, changed my view on a few things, modified my view a little more pro or little more con on a number of others and all around have a less jaded view that our world is full of people who just want to make up their mind and be done with or not even think about intellectually challenging things and just get on to sex, farts and tiki bars.

So, yeah, there's plenty of people who are cynical and don't care, but there are a good bit more excited about and interested in life beyond their insecurities, genitals and bathroom habits than I'd feared.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Guess...

If you let an internet forum affect your outlook on life, you are an extreme loser.

The forums may have unlocked that hidden part of you, but your absolute loserness would have eventually been released. You should be happy that the forums helped you realize that you are a loser sooner rather than later, Johnny.

...that makes me a loser! :lmao:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Do you have to be a :stickinthemud: about EVERYTHING I say? :shrug:

...have actually made me a good bit less jaded. I've had my thoughts on any number of subjects challenged and provoked and I've learned a great deal, changed my view on a few things, modified my view a little more pro or little more con on a number of others and all around have a less jaded view that our world is full of people who just want to make up their mind and be done with or not even think about intellectually challenging things and just get on to sex, farts and tiki bars.

So, yeah, there's plenty of people who are cynical and don't care, but there are a good bit more excited about and interested in life beyond their insecurities, genitals and bathroom habits than I'd feared.

:buddies:

Good answer :yay:
I didn't think to put a "doesn't jade" choice...but "other" will suffice for people with that view :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since I have been jaded practically since I sprang from the womb, I can't say these forums have had any impact.

:shrug:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

What is your definition of "jaded"?

well..let us turn to the internet for this one...
Definitions of jaded: (from google)
exhausted; "my father's words had left me jaded and depressed"- William Styron

dulled by surfeit; "the amoral, jaded, bored upper classes"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Basically...just don't GAF anymore if you come across as an ass hat or not :)lol: or any other way...good/bad/other)

Pete

Repete
well..let us turn to the internet for this one...

Basically...just don't GAF anymore if you come across as an ass hat or not :)lol: or any other way...good/bad/other)

Oh OK, let me see.........about 15 minutes.

Seriously some people evoke that attitude more than others. Take you and Andy, I have socks older than you two. If you add you two together you still don't equal the life experience of most of the posters here, yet you run around helter skelter making proclamations of fact and vigorously promoting ideas, thoughts and concepts you think are new and right, oblivious to the fact most of the people here have already learned first hand they are not or seriously flawed. In reply you just post more inane :blahblah: and get indignant and contemptuous whereas in real life I probably wouldn't waste the oxygen to tell you to "Just STFU and get me my fries."

Christy

b*tch rocket

Seriously some people evoke that attitude more than others. Take you and Andy, I have socks older than you two. If you add you two together you still don't equal the life experience of most of the posters here, yet you run around helter skelter making proclamations of fact and vigorously promoting ideas, thoughts and concepts you think are new and right, oblivious to the fact most of the people here have already learned first hand they are not or seriously flawed. In reply you just post more inane :blahblah: and get indignant and contemptuous whereas in real life I probably wouldn't waste the oxygen to tell you to "Just STFU and get me my fries."

That about sums it up. :lol:

D

dems4me

:roflmao: :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:yay:

I love young people, I really do. But it's more interesting to watch them grow and learn than to listen to them run their mouths about how sophisticated and experienced they are.

BuddyLee turned into a fine young man. :burning: