How to lose friends and alienate countries

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
"After 116 Canadian military personel have given their lives in Afganistan. Fox news belittles and mocks the Canadian military. Claim they did not even know they were there. These are the people who keep Americans up to date and mis-informed."

edinsomd

"Red Eye" is not Fox News, and Greg Gutfeld is a narcissistic little twerp. As for losing friends and alienating countries, Obama is doing a bang-up job.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
"After 116 Canadian military personel have given their lives in Afganistan. Fox news belittles and mocks the Canadian military. Claim they did not even know they were there. These are the people who keep Americans up to date and mis-informed."

:lol:

You should run for congress. You're clueless enough. :buddies:

This_person

Hmmm, I thought this thread was going to be about Obama's crappy, wrong format gift to our strongest friends, the Brits.

Or, maybe about the snub of the Brazilians.

Or, the insults to the handicapped.

Or, when he called the Prime Minister of Canda "Mr. President".

Or, maybe the "overcharged" "reset" button we gave Russia.

The list just goes on, and on, and on.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So now Greg Gutfeld is "Fox News". :lmao:

Maybe the Leftists can try to paint him as the leader of the Republican party while they're at it. :dork:

jetmonkey

So now Greg Gutfeld is "Fox News". :lmao:

Maybe the Leftists can try to paint him as the leader of the Republican party while they're at it. :dork:

You should do your part to staunch the flow of miss information from the left by banning nhboy and nonno :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You should do your part to staunch the flow of miss information from the left by banning nhboy and nonno :yay:

It behooves the non-Leftists to let them talk, then expose their silly junk for what it is.

That's pretty freakin' desperate when you have to try and make Greg Gutfeld out to be a Fox News analyst. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's always amusing to me when some crazed "progressive" busts on something they know nothing about, just because they think it's coming from *duhn duhn duhn* THE ENEMY!

I was having a discussion with a clueless mouth-runner and he insisted that the media is owned by Republicans, therefore there is a serious conservative bias in our news coverage. It gave me a lot of pleasure to point to Obama's campaign contributions and make note of all the network bigwig names on there.

"....uh....."

:lmao: :loser:

ylexot

Super Genius
It behooves the non-Leftists to let them talk, then expose their silly junk for what it is.

That's pretty freakin' desperate when you have to try and make Greg Gutfeld out to be a Fox News analyst. :lol:

I watch FNC and have never heard of Greg Gutfeld. Is he new or is he on some unwatched time slot (i.e. 2am)?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I watch FNC and have never heard of Greg Gutfeld. Is he new or is he on some unwatched time slot (i.e. 2am)?

He hosts Red Eye, which is on in the wee hours. It's a panelist talk show where he and 3 or 4 other people discuss current events. Very funny and entertaining, similar to Chelsea Lately.

edinsomd

Just in:
"OTTAWA — The Fox News television host who mocked Canadian troops in Afghanistan has apologized for what he says was a satire.

"The March 17th episode of Red Eye included a segment discussing Canada's plan for a 'synchronized break,' which was in no way an attempt to make light of troop efforts," Greg Gutfeld, host of the segment, told the Canwest News Service on Monday in an e-mailed statement.

"However, I realize that my words may have been misunderstood. It was not my intent to disrespect the brave men, women and families of the Canadian military, and for that I apologize. Red Eye is a satirical take on the news, in which all topics are addressed in a lighthearted, humourous and ridiculous manner."
Have another slice of crow, Greg.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I'm a big fan of satire, so this sort of comedy doesn't outrage me like it might other people. In retrospect, it wasn't a good idea to mock the Canadian military while they are dying in Afghanistan to help us in our war. I should have thought of that on the first read. The apology was appropriate.

Besides, there are plenty of better reasons to mock Canada. :evil: