How to post pics

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
The first thing you have to know is the address or location of the image. The easiest (and free) way to do this is get an account at an image hosting site. I recommend Photobucket.com. After you upload your images to photobucket you can resize them. Or if you want to edit them more I can also suggest free editting software like GIMP or Picasa.

So, after you've uploaded your pictures to photobucket you'll see thumbnails (small versions) of the picture with three text boxes below them.

pbucket.jpg

You'll want to click on the "Img" box and copy the address. If you're using a different uploader that doesn't offer the links you can also get the address by right clicking on the image and choosing "Properties". When the "Properties" dialog opens you'll see the URL or address. Highlight and copy this.

sourceurl.jpg

Some browsers also have a "Copy Image Location" option.

If you've copied the "Img" code from photobucket you can just paste that straight in the reply box. If you've copied the address you can just add the [ img ] and [ / img ] (without the spaces) to the beginning and end of the address, just as photobucket does for you.

Or can also click on the little image like the one here, highlighted in red and then paste the address you'd copied and the forum will add the img tags.
how2img1.jpg

Hope that helped. :)

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
or just click "manage attachments" under the window you type a reply in

Attachments

• 06 Big Bash 016.jpg
    06 Big Bash 016.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 114

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Yes, I forgot to mention attachments. :) This board is nicer than most in that you can see thumbnails of the attachments and you can attach multiple images.

However, whenever I click on one I tend to forget they get opened in the same window and I'll close it instead of hitting the "back" button.

Oh, and what's grey karma for?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Phyxius said:
However, whenever I click on one I tend to forget they get opened in the same window and I'll close it instead of hitting the "back" button.
:killingme I hate that