How Will This Get Spun?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I give it a few days until the Dems find a way to accuse him of Malpractice or some such ####!

:rolleyes:

J

justhangn

I'm sure the libs will say that he created the accident himself to get good publicity.

SmallTown

Football season!
I heard that on the radio this morning, and though "man, what a lucky guy!" Talk about major brownie points, especially after the lott stuff.. Looks like a light is shining on him, lets hope it continues!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
May I point something out?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Check the front page and tell me where you see any mention of Frist's heroism. See it? Right there in that little teeny 6pt text. Note what they considered MUCH more important than the
Frist story: Edwards will run in 2004; busting on Bush's "No Child Left Behind" plan; some stupid actor who lost weight for a role; etc, etc, etc. The Wash Times had it featured prominently - the Wash Post buries it.

Interesting, huh?

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
May I point something out?
http://www.washingtonpost.com/

Check the front page and tell me where you see any mention of Frist's heroism. See it? Right there in that little teeny 6pt text. Note what they considered MUCH more important than the
Frist story: Edwards will run in 2004; busting on Bush's "No Child Left Behind" plan; some stupid actor who lost weight for a role; etc, etc, etc. The Wash Times had it featured prominently - the Wash Post buries it.

Interesting, huh?

Considering just about every radio station and TV station that reports news mentioned the incident, I don't think it is a "liberal media conspiracy"..

What he did was great.. But do you think you would have been on the front page everywhere if you had been there instead of Frist? I think not.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by SmallTown
I heard that on the radio this morning, and though "man, what a lucky guy!" Talk about major brownie points, especially after the lott stuff.. Looks like a light is shining on him, lets hope it continues!

Brownie points??? Whatever happened to being a decent human being or a good person? This should have nothing to do with the Lott stuff. He's a good person who did a wonderful selfless thing. Does it matter that he's a politician? It shouldn't. It sure shouldn't get him brownie points. Last time I checked politics and medicine had nothing to do with one another.

Sadly you're right Ken. I'm sure some how or another the liberals will find a way to either dumb this down or make it part of some conspiracy. :baby:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What he did was great.. But do you think you would have been on the front page everywhere if you had been there instead of Frist? I think not.

See Ken, it didn't take long!

Hey Small, I bet it would have gotten plenty of publicity even if he weren't a politician. I hear/see stories all the time about ordinary people who go above and beyond to help others. That's about the only good thing the media does.

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Brownie points??? Whatever happened to being a decent human being or a good person? This should have nothing to do with the Lott stuff. He's a good person who did a wonderful selfless thing. Does it matter that he's a politician? It shouldn't. It sure shouldn't get him brownie points. Last time I checked politics and medicine had nothing to do with one another.

Sadly you're right Ken. I'm sure some how or another the liberals will find a way to either dumb this down or make it part of some conspiracy. :baby:

Doing a good deed = brownie points
Making racist comments = no brownie points.

I didn't say he did it for the brownie points.. It is an afterthought, but still a very good one..

SmallTown

Football season!
See Ken, it didn't take long!

Hey Small, I bet it would have gotten plenty of publicity even if he weren't a politician. I hear/see stories all the time about ordinary people who go above and beyond to help others. That's about the only good thing the media does.

I know several EMT people who do these things all the time, and never get any pub..

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Doing a good deed = brownie points
Making racist comments = no brownie points.

I didn't say he did it for the brownie points.. It is an afterthought, but still a very good one..

If doing a good dead = brownie points to you I want to come live in your world! In my world you have to seriously kiss my a$$ to get brownie points. Like I said this doesn't and shouldn't have anything to do with Lott. Did Lott help these people??? Nope! Why is his name even being brought up?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I know several EMT people who do these things all the time, and never get any pub..

That's not what I was talking about. That's there job, of course they're not going to get any publicity for it. I'm talking about your every day person going above and beyond to help someone in need. Let me go hunt down some articles for you since you need proof.

SmallTown

Football season!
If doing a good dead = brownie points to you I want to come live in your world! In my world you have to seriously kiss my a$$ to get brownie points. Like I said this doesn't and shouldn't have anything to do with Lott. Did Lott help these people??? Nope! Why is his name even being brought up?

Doing a good dead is definately a brownie point gainer in the political world.. Like I said, I'm sure he didn't do it for the brownie points.. But people will definately see him in a special light because of what happened.. And this is all a good thing, I don't know why you are busting my chops about it.. Drink some more bubbly and enjoy! :cheers:

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child

As far as I can tell, both sides yell "Conspiracy!" at the drop of a hat. Even Jesse Jackson used to complain that the media was out to get him. I once met a local activist who complained that the Enterprise was biased because, in her words, a truly unbiased paper would agree with her on everything.

SmallTown

Football season!
That's not what I was talking about. That's there job, of course they're not going to get any publicity for it. I'm talking about your every day person going above and beyond to help someone in need. Let me go hunt down some articles for you since you need proof.

Ok.. the volunteer EMT people..

No need for articles since that would be a biased representation since we are talking about the one ones who do makes the news.. There are hundreds each day that don't make the news so of course we won't find any there..

Like I said, what happened was a good thing for frist.. If you can't accept the fact that this action helps the republican party, well, i'm starting to think maybe you are a democrat! Just like Clinton's action's hurt him and his party, frist's only boosts his reputation..

I never though I would sit here and argue with (an apparant) republican about the goodness of a republican politician..

SmallTown

Football season!
from CNN:
Frist offers 'invaluable' help at Florida crash
Five victims of an SUV crash are recovering in Florida hospitals today after getting "invaluable" aid from incoming Senate Majority Leader and doctor Bill Frist. An emergency worker on the scene says Frist "really went above and beyond the call to help."

See, you can't even BUY this kind of publicity.. If he were president, his approval rating would have jumped at least 15 or 20 points.. Just by doing what he was trained to do.. Like I said, the light is shining on him now and lets hope it stays.

And no, I don't know why I keep gushing about him.. Ever since hearing his name mentioned as a lott replacement, he has peaked my interest.. Going by his educational background, he is a very smart man so hopefully he will be able to get the party back together again.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

Like I said, what happened was a good thing for frist.. If you can't accept the fact that this action helps the republican party, well, i'm starting to think maybe you are a democrat! Just like Clinton's action's hurt him and his party, frist's only boosts his reputation..

I never though I would sit here and argue with (an apparant) republican about the goodness of a republican politician..

Me a democrat? What are you smoking? Can I have some?

The term brownie points really rubbed me the wrong way. And the fact that you had the gull to even bring Lott into this. I'm not arguing the goodness of a republican politician with you. I'm happy to say that he's a republican. What I'm saying is apparently he's a good person, people like you shouldn't keep things on a point system such as... Lott makes racist comment (minus one point for the republicans) Frist helps people after car accident (plus one point for the republicans). Kinda stupid way to do things if you ask me.

SmallTown

Football season!
Me a democrat? What are you smoking? Can I have some?

The term brownie points really rubbed me the wrong way. And the fact that you had the gull to even bring Lott into this. I'm not arguing the goodness of a republican politician with you. I'm happy to say that he's a republican. What I'm saying is apparently he's a good person, people like you shouldn't keep things on a point system such as... Lott makes racist comment (minus one point for the republicans) Frist helps people after car accident (plus one point for the republicans). Kinda stupid way to do things if you ask me.

Yea, it is called politics..