How would everyone react to...

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
I talked to cmacmike over e-mail last week, and he said he's aiming for the store to be open around the beginning of March. He said he's only going to have dry goods (salt mix, crushed coral, food, etc...) at first, but he's building racks and stands for his tanks... so I guess it won't be TOO long after opening that he'll have actual critters. Maybe he'll give me store credit in exchange for my baby clownfish, if I actually raise the fry to a post-larval stage! (The eggs should be hatching this weekend if all goes well.)

spinner

Do you think he is going to be just fish or do you think he is planning reptiles also? Also where is his store going to be? That way I can tell people to be on the lookout!

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
OK, I just talked to him over e-mail, and the new date for the store opening is April 6. It's going to be located in St. Leonard, on the boardwalk in the Chesapeake Market Place - I don't know exactly where that is, but that's what he said. I don't think he's going to have reptiles. I'm pretty sure this store will be exclusively saltwater fish.

cmacmike

Hi folks!  Just an update on our new saltwater aquarium store. Let¡¦s face it, the closest good-quality saltwater aquarium store is 100 miles away from the Lexington Park area.  For those of us that enjoy keeping reef tanks, we either have to make the monthly trek ¡§up the road¡¨ or take our chances with the mail order crowd.

Well, no more!  We are opening a small store this spring in St. Leonard with a whole new attitude.  We love our hobby and the animals we care for.  Those of us working there are hobbyists and understand what you want to see in a top-notch store.

„Ï Our store will be clean and cared for.  No dirty tanks with ¡§salt creep¡¨ climbing everywhere.

„Ï We will sell only those animals that are suitable for aquariums and have a good chance of survival.

„Ï We understand that there is more than one way to have a successful reef tank and will not try to push ¡§our¡¨ method on you.

„Ï Our prices will be the lowest in the area; our low overhead allows us to do this.

„Ï We support the AMDA and will strive to follow their guidelines, including the sale of Aquaculture grown corals and fish.

„Ï An after-hours hotline will be available for emergencies that may occur.  If you have a problem, call us, we are here to help.

„Ï Setup and maintenance accounts are available for both residential and commercial customers at reasonable prices.

Can¡¦t wait for us to open?  Well, it's just around the corner.  On March the 20th we will have our "sneek peek" opening selling dry goods while we wait for our tanks to cycle. Hours will be 5-8pm Wed/Thur. 5-9pm Fri. and 10am-5pm Sat/Sun.  Phone 410-495-7600

We are in St. Leonard in the Chesapeake Market Place compound.  Its off of Route 4, turn onto Calvert Beach Road and stop at the first stop sign.  Look to the right and you'll see the Chesapeake Market Place, we are in the first building to the left of the Warehouse, on the Boardwalk.

Look forward to seeing you and thanks for all your support and encouragement.  

jellybean

Hey CMACMIKE- GOOD LUCK with the shop. I used to have have fresh water tanks, but loved to look at the salt water.  Didn't figure that I had enough (none) knowledge to maintain a salt water aquarium.  Will look forward to visiting when you open.  Maybe we will even see you as a sponsor on SOMD Online!!!!

(Edited by jellybean at 8:28 pm on Mar. 4, 2002)

cmacmike

Hey Thanks!  I've gotten more positive responses like yours than I ever thought possible.  Looking forward to meeting you, stop on by and take a look around.  Our show tank is a 60 gallon pacific reef tank that was started 10 days ago.  

The key to being able to maintain a salt water tank is to read, and have a little patience. It really is a lot easier now than it was just 5-7 years ago.  

Once again thanks for the encouragement.

mike

Uhhh yeah....I know I am a little late getting into this and all but uhhhh.....yeah the # that was given "has been disconected". So whats the deal, did your shop go under or what?