How's Everyone Doing

mingiz

Horse Poor
Did everyone get through this storm ok? :shrug: I got hit pretty hard. Lost 1 big pine,2 big oaks, 2 locust, one took out my sawdust bin roof. 1 oak laying on new section of fence and finally I lost about 10 -12 sections pf board fence that the wind just broke the post off at the ground. :bawl: We were replacing that section soon but DAMN I didn't need all of this....at one time. Animals are fine but thier in lock down I have to take them up to thier home away from home for a visit until things dry up enough to get the auger out...

I hope everyone made out without any major damage... :huggy:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
We got hit hard lost some trees but no structure damage. I am glad you are okay sorry to hear about the damages.

Need any help with clean up?

Unbelievable

Spay and Neuter Your Pets
No damage here, sorry to hear about the fencing, barn and trees. All our guys are out playing in the field today as though nothing happened.
Good luck everyone. :flowers:

SerenitStables

We got a lot of wind and rain. Barn sort of flooded. Lots of fence blew around...we have electric. One really big tree(sorta 2 trees in 1) fell across my electric. We also lost some of our roof.

Horses are out today though. They were happy to get out.

Can't wait til it clears up so we can get to work. Chainsaw is coming tomorrow to cut my wonderful tree down!! :smile:

Nicole_in_somd

How you like me now?
BrassieChic said:
Aww Thanks Nicole. We're gonna have to wait until things dry up a bit. Then get out the chain saw to start cutting up these huge trees! :flowers:

Well good luck. We drove through the area to check on friends and some of the elderly people and it looked really bad through Calvert and St.Mary's.

somd whisper

Nicole_in_somd said:
Well good luck. We drove through the area to check on friends and some of the elderly people and it looked really bad through Calvert and St.Mary's.

Trees down one fell on roof but no damage that we can see. A few bad car accidents. Very glad the school's closed early, turned out to be worse than I had planned for.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Im so sorry to hear of you alls damages.

We have lots of limbs down all over the farm here in Mechanicsville and one tree on the backyard fencing. The barn stalls under the overhangs all flooded and so did one part of the aisle.

Other than 5 in stalls for the night the rest we all out chomping on hay in their run-ins. They are real happy to see the sun today...some just layed out flat - baisting in it!

Hubbies truck got nailed by a huge limb...while he was driving it :jameo: Alls OK, but the windshield.

craberta

This storm caught us off guard. I usually pay more attention. Our tent flew away, our bunnies cage started leaning, and she was still in it, and then the trees started falling and transformers cracking like shot guns. We were lucky cause we never lost power. I was worried about people here in the R club cause so far we have been lucky that no one has been killed by these trees. I like trees, but not when they are too close together, and diseased.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We had 6 trees down in the driveway...chain saw heaven for rottncop and boy, although he wasn't happy about doing that after coming home from a security detail at 2:00 am :dead: We got us some new fence posts out of that. (that's the silver lining) we lost a kennel, and my POOL...UG branches IN it means i have to go in {BRR} and the pump power cord got fried somehow...but all in all we'll survive another one. I can't believe we didn't lose any fencing in the WOODs no less. My sister has a huge Oak down in her field, the horses have been munching away at the leaves for days an are scratching their butts on it now...too funny.

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
Okay, now I feel really bad we took our horses to West Va for a Labor Day Ride that was awesome! It was the one put on by McLaughlin Quarterhorses - their website is www.wvtrailride.com and was so neat! We left Friday in the early afternoon (tree down in driveway 1/2 hr after us leaving, but that was the only damage) in the rain, drove over the mountains on RT 250 (YIKES!!), and got to our inn, Mountain Quest Institute (also awesome!!) The McLaughlins farm is on Rt 92 valley in Pocohontas County. Sat was clear of rain but cloudy. We rode up to the ridge that separates WVA fro VA and back down to the farm for over 4 hrs. Sundays ride was to the other side of the valley with equally awesome views. Everywhere you looked it was a Kodak moment! Ride was definitly a experienced rider ride compared to the ones we've been on locally - with quite a few Snowy River moments but well worth the trip. Can't wait to do it again Memorial Day! Came home today in the rain again! Attached is a photo of the view from the Inn.

Attachments

• 100_5576 web 250.jpg
    100_5576 web 250.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 78

SerenitStables

HorseLady said:
Okay, now I feel really bad we took our horses to West Va for a Labor Day Ride that was awesome! It was the one put on by McLaughlin Quarterhorses - their website is www.wvtrailride.com and was so neat! We left Friday in the early afternoon (tree down in driveway 1/2 hr after us leaving, but that was the only damage) in the rain, drove over the mountains on RT 250 (YIKES!!), and got to our inn, Mountain Quest Institute (also awesome!!) The McLaughlins farm is on Rt 92 valley in Pocohontas County. Sat was clear of rain but cloudy. We rode up to the ridge that separates WVA fro VA and back down to the farm for over 4 hrs. Sundays ride was to the other side of the valley with equally awesome views. Everywhere you looked it was a Kodak moment! Ride was definitly a experienced rider ride compared to the ones we've been on locally - with quite a few Snowy River moments but well worth the trip. Can't wait to do it again Memorial Day! Came home today in the rain again! Attached is a photo of the view from the Inn.

I heard the trip to WV was really nice!!! I got filled in on all the details today!! :smile: Sounded great! Glad to hear you guys had fun.

~Jen~

mingiz

Horse Poor
Just isn't fair huh Happy. :eyebrow: Were home riding out a storm and Horselady is Back To Snowy River.... :biggrin: I'm down right jealous. :tantrum I was asked to go down to Grave's but can't going north for a surprise B-Day party :party: , plus I have no GN hitch in new truck yet. :deadhorse. Glad you had a great time.. :huggy: I'm gonna check it out...

BrassieChic

SerenitStables said:
I heard the trip to WV was really nice!!! I got filled in on all the details today!! :smile: Sounded great! Glad to hear you guys had fun.

~Jen~

I KNOW who filled you in! :lmao:

Nanny Pam

SerenitStables said:
I have decided I want two trips...

1. Without the horses to somewhere tropical. :smile:

2. With the horses so I can go riding.

Both without kids, dogs, family, etc. :smile:

:lol: