Huffington Post writer calls for WHAT?

Severa

Common sense ain't common
And here I thought I'd read it all....before I read this:

General Pace, You Can Save the US - by Arresting Bush for "Conduct Unbecoming"

Dear General Pace,

I note with admiration your courage in making clear your private concerns about the safety of the US military and the longterm danger to US national security caused by the President's stubborn refusal to acknowledge the quagmire in Iraq.

Though you are Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President's principal military advisor - President Bush has shown his disdain for your honesty and wisdom. Though you are a decorated Vietnam war hero - who has served his nation honorably for four decades - the President is dispensing with your services. You have one month left in your position before you are tossed out by the President.

President Bush is going to ignore your advice. Just as he has ignored the advice of other Generals who have had the courage to respectfully point out how terribly wrong he is in respect of the Iraq War and the safety of the US military he is sworn to protect. Highly-decorated colleagues of yours such as General Anthony Zinni (Commander in Chief of U.S. Central Command), General Eric Shinseki (Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army) and General John Abizaid (Commander of the U.S. Central Command).

General Pace - you have the power to fulfill your responsibility to protect the troops under your command. Indeed you have an obligation to do so.

You can relieve the President of his command.

Not of his Presidency. But of his military role as Commander-In-Chief.

==============================================

There's more at the link, including reader comments and the writer's responses to said comments. I've heard a lot of crazy sounding ideas in my short time on this earth, but seriously folks, this one takes the cake.

Kerad

:howdy:

Hey Sev!!!

So you're a fan of THP (The Huffington Post)?

Cool. :yay:

Oh...

Just wondering...will you put as much faith in some of the other articles, as well? :shrug:

Or is it just another one of those "only when it suits our agenda" type love affair? I anxiously await your response.

Cheers!

:cheers:

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Like that's going to happen! Read the author's bio. He's wasting our time trying to be funny. :lmao:

Kerad

nhboy said:
Like that's going to happen! Read the author's bio. He's wasting our time trying to be funny. :lmao:

I'm just trying to sort the ground rules. Severa is cool...even if misguided.

I've refrained from using sites that are "obviously leaning". It's one thing if it links to a legitimate source...but still. As partisan I may be, I try to link to legitimate news...not political opinion.

If I do want to link to an opinion or editorial, it's advertised as such.

Which brings me to this...

If The Huffington Post is now accepted as a legitmate source...

...well, then...

:smile:

Severa

Kerad said:
I'm just trying to sort the ground rules. Severa is cool...even if misguided.

I've refrained from using sites that are "obviously leaning". It's one thing if it links to a legitimate source...but still. As partisan I may be, I try to link to legitimate news...not political opinion.

If I do want to link to an opinion or editorial, it's advertised as such.

Which brings me to this...

If The Huffington Post is now accepted as a legitmate source...

...well, then...

You're cute, Kerad. :killingme Put faith in a place that lists the Daily Kos and Crooks & Liars in their Blog list? Oh yeah and some of the other articles....liiiiiike...What's Wrong With Killing Dogs? or Iraq is to Vietnam as Dubya is to WTF!?!? (that's a good one. A lot of Dems have been comparing Iraq to Vietnam for a while now but if Bush brings up Vietnam in a speech about the war, then it's just WRONG isn't it? *snickerfit*)
I was posting this not as a trusted source, more to point and go 'Hey guys, look at THIS idiot' Come on Kerad, I thought you knew me better than that.

Besides, I'm one of those eeeeeeevil Freepers. Just the mere mention of us Freepers sends most of the DU/HuffPo/Kos kiddies into a frothing at the mouth tailspin.

Kerad

Severa said:
You're cute, Kerad. :killingme Put faith in a place that lists the Daily Kos and Crooks & Liars in their Blog list? Oh yeah and some of the other articles....liiiiiike...What's Wrong With Killing Dogs? or Iraq is to Vietnam as Dubya is to WTF!?!? (that's a good one. A lot of Dems have been comparing Iraq to Vietnam for a while now but if Bush brings up Vietnam in a speech about the war, then it's just WRONG isn't it? *snickerfit*)
I was posting this not as a trusted source, more to point and go 'Hey guys, look at THIS idiot' Come on Kerad, I thought you knew me better than that.

Besides, I'm one of those eeeeeeevil Freepers. Just the mere mention of us Freepers sends most of the DU/HuffPo/Kos kiddies into a frothing at the mouth tailspin.

Sev..you're the one that based this thread on THP...not me.

Odd, isn't it?

While I know you probably weren't just dinking around THP and found something Republicany to post...I suggest you do dig 'round and see what else is there. You may be surprised by the amount of military veterans who may have something to say.

You know.
Those same military veterans that Commander Guy paraded in front of the cameras a couple years ago. But now...he's not sooo much interested in their honest, informed opinions.

Huh.

:confused:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kerad, explain to me what you mean by "putting faith" in the Huffington. Do you deny that the author in fact wrote that piece?

Kerad

vraiblonde said:
Kerad, explain to me what you mean by "putting faith" in the Huffington. Do you deny that the author in fact wrote that piece?

Hay Vrai! :howdy:

Just so you know, I was thinking of you last night as I watched "Ab Fab" on BBC America very late last night. Great show...as is most of what that channel gives us.

Anyways...

I accept THP as what it is. A left-leaning portal that links "real news" with political commentary.

However...I've been doinking around here for as couple of years, and have never cited Huff as a source. Maybe I have linked a link...maybe.

I just found it interesting that a Rightie (My buddy Severa) busted it out.

:yay:

Severa

Kerad said:

Kerad said:
Sev..you're the one that based this thread on THP...not me.

Odd, isn't it?

While I know you probably weren't just dinking around THP and found something Republicany to post...I suggest you do dig 'round and see what else is there. You may be surprised by the amount of military veterans who may have something to say.

You know.
Those same military veterans that Commander Guy paraded in front of the cameras a couple years ago. But now...he's not sooo much interested in their honest, informed opinions.

Huh.

:confused:

Sorry, Kerad. I was looking for trusted sources (That and I was at the pool with the kids all day long and I have the headache from HELL right now)

Oh yes. President Bush NEVER consults with military personnel....ooops. Spoke too soon...
Bush consults with generals about Iraq strategy (Oct 2006)

You weren't listening to John Kerry were you?
Kerry: Bush's plan of more troops for Iraq "ignores" generals' advice (Feb 2007)

I'd find more but it's late and I need my beauty sleep. :howdy:

Severa

Kerad said:
Hay Vrai! :howdy:

Just so you know, I was thinking of you last night as I watched "Ab Fab" on BBC America very late last night. Great show...as is most of what that channel gives us.

Anyways...

I accept THP as what it is. A left-leaning portal that links "real news" with political commentary.

However...I've been doinking around here for as couple of years, and have never cited Huff as a source. Maybe I have linked a link...maybe.

I just found it interesting that a Rightie (My buddy Severa) busted it out.

:yay:

Ok. Before I go to bed... *Whacks Kerad repeatedly with a rolled up Washington Post, which is really all that paper (Not counting the comics, the sports section, or the coupons) is good for nowadays * Did you miss this in my post?

Severa said:

Ok, I feel better now. Good night everyone. :howdy:

Kerad

Severa said:
Ok. Before I go to bed... *Whacks Kerad repeatedly with a rolled up Washington Post, which is really all that paper (Not counting the comics, the sports section, or the coupons) is good for nowadays * Did you miss this in my post?

Ok, I feel better now. Good night everyone. :howdy:

I missed that.

It does make me feel all fuzzzzzy knowing you thought of me, though.
:dance:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kerad said:
Right - because that's what it is.

Help me understand what you mean by "cited as a source". This piece came from Huffington, so of course that's the "source" she would "cite". I didn't see Sev say anything about this being the position of the DNC or anything like that. I saw her more as pointing and laughing. So I'm not sure why you're in such a wad about it coming from Huffington.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
vraiblonde said:

Help me understand what you mean by "cited as a source". This piece came from Huffington, so of course that's the "source" she would "cite". I didn't see Sev say anything about this being the position of the DNC or anything like that. I saw her more as pointing and laughing. So I'm not sure why you're in such a wad about it coming from Huffington.

He wants to start using Huffington as confirmatory evidence for his tilted view of the world. Has refrained from using it in the forum because even he recognizes it as "a little off" as they used to say about older meat when it started getting shiny and green.

Kerad

vraiblonde said:

I wasn't "in a wad" about it at all. :shrug:

Kerad

Lenny said:
He wants to start using Huffington as confirmatory evidence for his tilted view of the world. Has refrained from using it in the forum because even he recognizes it as "a little off" as they used to say about older meat when it started getting shiny and green.

Not exactly. Though I could imagine the reaction of some here if I did post something from there.

":jameo: ACK!!! Huffington Post!?!?! :jameo: "

:lmao:

Last edited:

Kerad

vraiblonde said:
Well, you sounded like you were in a wad. And that avatar just screams, "I'M IN A WAD!!!!!"

I was thinking more along the lines of " I'M ADDICTED TO ENERGY DRINKS!!!!".

SamSpade

Kerad said:

I usually have the same basic sentiment about posting stuff - even if I do read Town Hall or NewsMax, I make pretty damned sure the story is also on a source like ABC News or CNN. I've seen stuff on right-wing blogs and sites I've seen nowhere else, and sometimes they're fairly suspect. The old journalism credo, "get it first, but first get it right".

For example, during the 2004 election, there was this story about Kerry flipping the bird to a vet down on the mall - only covered by NewsMax. Not good enough.

To me, quoting a BLOG for your news is like quoting the Bible to prove a scientific point. No bias there.