Hungarians

Emese

Hello, Is anyone speaking Hungarian in here? I have been in the US 20 years, and would love to meet with other Hungarians who live in Southern Maryland for a social get-together. If you interested, please contact me.
Üdvözletem küldöm addig is!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ah zuppad fehylyou...........that's about all I can recall from my grandmother's rhetoric. Oh yeah....mitchinall..........whatever that means!

It's a long lost tongue! :lol:

Emese

Ah zuppad fehylyou...........that's about all I can recall from my grandmother's rhetoric. Oh yeah....mitchinall..........whatever that means!

It's a long lost tongue! :lol:

You remember it very well.

"ah zuppad" is maybe "az apád" means, your father
" mitchinall" ("mit csinál") means, what is he doing?

:)

frozenrain

I love Hungarian cooking.I had a friend who was dating a Hungarian and his mum was so sweet .She was always baking lovely meals cakes and breads etc.She was so sweet!!.

Well o/p good luck with finding some other Hungarians to meet up.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You remember it very well.

"ah zuppad" is maybe "az apád" means, your father
" mitchinall" ("mit csinál") means, what is he doing?

:)

"ah zuppad fehylou" (with or without the "l", I'm not sure)

I've had a little time to try to recall the instance that phrase was cited, and it seemed like it was used as a scolding, to one of us kids(we were 6 or 7 at the time, I guess), and it went something like : "in your father's ear!"

More modern words might say "No way, Jose! Wait until you father gets home!" :lmao:

Emese

I love Hungarian cooking.I had a friend who was dating a Hungarian and his mum was so sweet .She was always baking lovely meals cakes and breads etc.She was so sweet!!.

Well o/p good luck with finding some other Hungarians to meet up.

Thank you for sharing that story, and also your good wishes for me about finding other Hungarians. I appreciate it.

Emese

"ah zuppad fehylou" (with or without the "l", I'm not sure)

I've had a little time to try to recall the instance that phrase was cited, and it seemed like it was used as a scolding, to one of us kids(we were 6 or 7 at the time, I guess), and it went something like : "in your father's ear!"

More modern words might say "No way, Jose! Wait until you father gets home!" :lmao:

Now I know what you mean by "fehylou". I was thinking what that can be. Yes, it can be the ear, in Hungarian "fül, füle, fülét". The Hungarian "ü" sound (letter) does not exist in the English language. I understand that it is hard to explain the Hungarian word "fül" by using the English alphabet.

Last edited:

TurboK9

Hello, Is anyone speaking Hungarian in here? I have been in the US 20 years, and would love to meet with other Hungarians who live in Southern Maryland for a social get-together. If you interested, please contact me.
Üdvözletem küldöm addig is!

There is a Hungarian man and his two sons that volunteer at the Solomons firehouse. Nice people, stop by some time and see if you can catch them, I'm sure they'd love to meet you.

Emese

There is a Hungarian man and his two sons that volunteer at the Solomons firehouse. Nice people, stop by some time and see if you can catch them, I'm sure they'd love to meet you.

Thank you, I am glad to hear that. I will definitely stop by.

Ferko

Szia Emese! En meg kicsit beszelek Magyarul :) Meg nem vagyok Maryland-ben, de arra fele tartok Februar vege fele. Ot kaptam munkat igy nem nagyon ismeros a kornyek. Ha lenne kedved felvenni a kapcsolatot akkor szivesen.

belvak

Happy Camper
Szia Emese! En meg kicsit beszelek Magyarul :) Meg nem vagyok Maryland-ben, de arra fele tartok Februar vege fele. Ot kaptam munkat igy nem nagyon ismeros a kornyek. Ha lenne kedved felvenni a kapcsolatot akkor szivesen.

Psst... You forgot the English subtitle for the rest of us!!! :lol:

Dukesdad

Hi Emese! En plus small levy In Hungarian : ) Plus not am Maryland ben , but to that half of reserve February vege half of. Ot got work-room igy not very know the kornyek. If how about whip the connections then kind.
:otter:

Ferko

Oooppps sorry Guys!

Lets try it again, even thou Dukesdad's translation is right on the money! :)

Hi Emese! I still speak a little bit of Hungarian. I'm not in Maryland currently, but will be moving to the area due to job offering. Should arrive sometime in early March. I would also like to meet Hungarians in the surrounding area for social get togethers.

Oh.. by the way Hi everyone! New to the forum just happened the find it while looking for information on Maryland. The closest I have lived to Maryland is North Carolina :))

Dukesdad

My Grandmother is Hungarian and her Parents were from "the old country". Every so often we get the fire pit going to roast bacon and eat it on rye bread. We also cook chimmney bread on a stick, the name of the stick escapes me right now but my granfather made it oit of a pear log years ago...:yahoo:

It's a Koolach (sp) stick :howdy:

Last edited: