Hunting Expo

bulldog

Season is right around the corner. Pulled these off one of my trail cameras this weekend. :)

Attachments

• Trailcam3.jpg
    Trailcam3.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Trailcam1.jpg
    Trailcam1.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Trailcam2.jpg
    Trailcam2.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
My husband was unable to bow hunt last year due to a shoulder injury. He will need a crossbow now. Do you know if this is a good place to purchase one. He wants to shoot different ones prior to purchase.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My husband was unable to bow hunt last year due to a shoulder injury. He will need a crossbow now. Do you know if this is a good place to purchase one. He wants to shoot different ones prior to purchase.

It's mixed dealers (guns, bows, supplies, camo, meat processing, atvs, etc). The last one I went to had a little bit of everything. However as to whether the vendors would just let him have a crossbow to take shooting, I don't know. I actually don't know any vendor who does that. Though I'm sure they would let him touch/hold, shift the weight, smell, etc if that's what your are asking.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I believe BassPro lets you shoot first.

But that's in house right? At the expo these folks are setup all over with booths and tables. I don't know if they are going to let folks just walk away with their equipment, and they can't exactly fire it into a crowd of expo attendees. :shrug:

But that's in house right? At the expo these folks are setup all over with booths and tables. I don't know if they are going to let folks just walk away with their equipment, and they can't exactly fire it into a crowd of expo attendees. :shrug:
Correct. They have a room there. Not sure if they let you fire it before purchase. Same with Dick's in Waldorf.

droptine

Correct. They have a room there. Not sure if they let you fire it before purchase. Same with Dick's in Waldorf.

Yes, there will be a set area to shoot before you buy. The MD crossbow federation will also be there to educate on crossbows as well as have a nice spread to look at. Just about everything that has to do with hunting and the outdoors will be available.

Come check it out

ylexot

Super Genius
My biggest problem with my Barnett Predator is finding a target that can actually stop the bolts. To stop them right now I have a target that says it can handle crossbow bolts over 325 fps (Predator is ~375 fps), a piece of 1/2" plywood, and then a cheap target from WalMart. Even at 60 yards, the bolt gets through the target pretty close to the fletching (and is a PITA to remove).