hurting while running

libby

I'm sorta new to running (7 mos.) and I've noticed that periodically I have "pain" in my side while running. It's not a cramp. What it feels like is friction between a rib and an organ or something. That's the best way to describe it, friction. Friction that hurts.
Anyway, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with hydration, or recent eating, although I've not noticed any cause and effect myself.
Any ideas?

Homer J

Power Chord
I'm sorta new to running (7 mos.) and I've noticed that periodically I have "pain" in my side while running. It's not a cramp. What it feels like is friction between a rib and an organ or something. That's the best way to describe it, friction. Friction that hurts.
Anyway, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with hydration, or recent eating, although I've not noticed any cause and effect myself.
Any ideas?

It's probably caused by a build up of unexhaled CO2 in your lungs. Next time it happens, take several very deep breaths and breath out as much as you can. That should help.

It's probably caused by a build up of unexhaled CO2 in your lungs. Next time it happens, take several very deep breaths and breath out as much as you can. That should help.
:yeahthat: A couple DEEP breathes should clear the pain for you. Worked for me when I was a runner.