HVAC Company with a maintenance plan ?

chess

low 5... hi 5......
So I am trying to decide who to go with as far as a heating and cooling maintenance agreement for my house. I do know Burch-oil offers one, but that is about all...

Anyone you guys would suggest ??

TPD

the poor dad
Is a maintenance plan worth the money? I've been here 20 years without a plan. Maybe have had about 5 service calls for minor issues - paid less than a $1000 in total for maintenance in the 20 years. How much would a plan have cost me in that same period? :shrug:

C

czygvtwkr

If you have oil heat it is definately worth it because an oil furnace should be cleaned once a year anyway.

And I recomend TN Bowes.

birdman

Is a maintenance plan worth the money? I've been here 20 years without a plan. Maybe have had about 5 service calls for minor issues - paid less than a $1000 in total for maintenance in the 20 years. How much would a plan have cost me in that same period? :shrug:

+1, same questions...

tipsymcgee

Think about it. You are paying the company to come check your system and see if it's working okay. If they do find something it will usually cost extra to repair, just like when you get an oil change at an auto shop and they suggest fixing other things, etc. Change your filters yourself and call the company when something really isn't working right. I'm sure it's good to have maintenance agreements if you have a rental property, but if it's your home you can do without it.

We had one at our office for a period of time and finally said, every time they come there's some small thing wrong they want to fix for an additional cost. But the system wasn't failing. We did away with the contract.

C

czygvtwkr

Think about it. You are paying the company to come check your system and see if it's working okay. If they do find something it will usually cost extra to repair, just like when you get an oil change at an auto shop and they suggest fixing other things, etc. Change your filters yourself and call the company when something really isn't working right. I'm sure it's good to have maintenance agreements if you have a rental property, but if it's your home you can do without it.

We had one at our office for a period of time and finally said, every time they come there's some small thing wrong they want to fix for an additional cost. But the system wasn't failing. We did away with the contract.

With oil heat you should have the nozzle cleaned every year, and probably replaced every two. The price of a contract is very close to the price of the call for this and it gets you some other things also. If I had natural gas heat I would not spend the money but oil its a no brainer.