I’d be embarrassed

Pandora

IF anyone saw the filthy dirty water I have dumped from just cleaning my living room carpets. I have owned a Bissell steam cleaner for the past 4-5 years and last week, the trigger switch snapped. So, I ran out and got a new one today, another Bissell. But, I got a phone call as I was coming out of the store to exchange it and get the Hoover Steam Vac instead…. So I did….

Now, I clean my carpets a couple of times a month. I only have carpet in a few rooms, which will be replaced as soon as I can afford it, but I didn’t expect to dump water that looked like muddy water out of my steam cleaner today. So gross... :barf:

And I thought my carpets were pretty clean. :ohwell: Anyway, my carpet looks brand new, now.

This is what I got...

Amazon.com: Hoover F7411-900 SteamVac Dual V Widepath Carpet Cleaner with Powered Handheld Tool, Plum: Kitchen & Dining

Last edited:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Hubby bought a Dyson a few months back. We vacuumed the downstairs w/our "old" vacuum, then with the Dyson. It was NASTY!! I couldn't believe all the crap our old vacuum always left behind.

We shampoo our carpets usually 2-3 times per year. The water is always...icky! :dead: The doggies and shoes must bring in a lot of junk. :ohwell:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Hubby bought a Dyson a few months back. We vacuumed the downstairs w/our "old" vacuum, then with the Dyson. It was NASTY!! I couldn't believe all the crap our old vacuum always left behind.

We shampoo our carpets usually 2-3 times per year. The water is always...icky! :dead: The doggies and shoes must bring in a lot of junk. :ohwell:

I don't think you ever get the crud out of a carpet. I'm so glad I don't have any w/w carpeting. I just buy area rugs and toss 'em when the get icky.

Pandora

We have hardwood in all the living areas, hallway and kitchen and kitchen and Ott has installed a really nice laminate in the bedrooms and bathrooms.

:bragger: :lmao:

Seriously, I cannot wait for the day when I can rip this carpet out and I was never a 'hardwood' floor fan UNTIL I accumulated so many pets, or is it the kids? I dunno, one in the same most days, because they are all messy!!! I really regret paying money a few years back putting in carpet and wished I would have just waited another year and put in hardwood in at least in the living room. Now we do have laminated floors in the boy's rooms. Thank God!!!

JollyRoger

:bragger: :lmao:

Seriously, I cannot wait for the day when I can rip this carpet out and I was never a 'hardwood' floor fan UNTIL I accumulated so many pets, or is it the kids? I dunno, one in the same most days, because they are all messy!!! I really regret paying money a few years back putting in carpet and wished I would have just waited another year and put in hardwood in at least in the living room. Now we do have laminated floors in the boy's rooms. Thank God!!!
I have her to go home to, does your husband think like that? If so press on!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

:lmao:

Yeah...anyway...

I'm putting my pennies together to get rid of the last of my carpet, in the basement, and replace it with the same laminate that's in the rest of the house. I hate hate hate carpet! The kitties get it absolutely disgusting.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
IF anyone saw the filthy dirty water I have dumped from just cleaning my living room carpets. I have owned a Bissell steam cleaner for the past 4-5 years and last week, the trigger switch snapped. So, I ran out and got a new one today, another Bissell. But, I got a phone call as I was coming out of the store to exchange it and get the Hoover Steam Vac instead…. So I did….

Now, I clean my carpets a couple of times a month. I only have carpet in a few rooms, which will be replaced as soon as I can afford it, but I didn’t expect to dump water that looked like muddy water out of my steam cleaner today. So gross... :barf:

And I thought my carpets were pretty clean. :ohwell: Anyway, my carpet looks brand new, now.

This is what I got...

Amazon.com: Hoover F7411-900 SteamVac Dual V Widepath Carpet Cleaner with Powered Handheld Tool, Plum: Kitchen & Dining

Mine worked wonders too, until the brushes started to bend over and stay that way. I'm going to try to find replacements for it, because worked great on my dog messed up carpets too.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I'd have NO carpet if I could get away with it right now. I'd rather have wood or wood laminate, at least. My TH has brand new carpet, which the previous owner put in before selling, so it's not too bad. But I'm replacing it if it ever gets messed up.

I have some kitchen and foyer flooring I need to replace because it's hideous & not in great shape. I had some tile flooring in FL and loved it, but I'm not sure I want to tackle that myself at this point.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
My entire house except the bedrooms are cream colored ceramic tile. I love the look and how clean you can get it but it takes a lot of mopping to keep it looking perfect. I'd rather have hardwood but this beats the heck out of carpet! I live in the country and dirt, mud, and sand are constant problems with all the time we spend in the pastures. I have a strict no shoes policy at the door which keeps most the mess in the entryway and laundry area. After my old cat died I had a professional company come in and do the bedroom carpets, which are also cream colored :jameo:, and surprisingly they weren't all that dirty.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
When I had w/w carpet, I couldn't wait to rip it out. I just knew it was holding all kinds of disgusting gunk. When I finally had it ripped up, the floor installers said "hey lady, why you gettin' rid of your carpet? It looks like new".

I don't know if it was because I upgraded the carpet, or if it was the padding, but there was no dirt or stains underneath. We were never the take our shoes off kind of house, animals and kids tracking in and out, various cocktails and foods spilled. :shrug:

I'm still glad to be rid of it. I love knowing that when I clean my floors, there's no doubt that they're clean.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've had my kids taking off their shoes since they were little & it has made a big difference. I'm not a shoe nazi with guests, but for my boys - it's been a good thing & saved my carpet. Still I'd rather have tile & hard wood floors. *sigh* One day!

Also, I've used a Rainbow vacuum for about 20 years & it really does a good job. :yay:

Vince

When I had the dogs, I hit the living room carpet about once every two months. Now that they are gone, I'm going to replace the living room carpet with hardwood.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Shoes come off at the door. The carpet is in good condition. But I would love to pull it up and put down hardwood floors.