I’d be embarrassed

nicole_M

Shoes come off at the door. The carpet is in good condition. But I would love to pull it up and put down hardwood floors.

:yeahthat: There is a shoe basket at the front door and shoes come off there. We just got new carpet in the house. We do have tile at the entryways and have also replaced the carpet at the basement landing w/ tile as well.

K

kris31280

IF anyone saw the filthy dirty water I have dumped from just cleaning my living room carpets. I have owned a Bissell steam cleaner for the past 4-5 years and last week, the trigger switch snapped. So, I ran out and got a new one today, another Bissell. But, I got a phone call as I was coming out of the store to exchange it and get the Hoover Steam Vac instead…. So I did….

Now, I clean my carpets a couple of times a month. I only have carpet in a few rooms, which will be replaced as soon as I can afford it, but I didn’t expect to dump water that looked like muddy water out of my steam cleaner today. So gross... :barf:

And I thought my carpets were pretty clean. :ohwell: Anyway, my carpet looks brand new, now.

This is what I got...

Amazon.com: Hoover F7411-900 SteamVac Dual V Widepath Carpet Cleaner with Powered Handheld Tool, Plum: Kitchen & Dining

Hard floors get just as nasty. I have a Hoover SpinScrub that I absolutely love... I can clean 3 rooms in about 30 minutes because it vaccums, scrubs, and picks up the wet... but the water is still muddy yucky nastiness.

puggymom

:bragger: :lmao:

Seriously, I cannot wait for the day when I can rip this carpet out and I was never a 'hardwood' floor fan UNTIL I accumulated so many pets, or is it the kids? I dunno, one in the same most days, because they are all messy!!! I really regret paying money a few years back putting in carpet and wished I would have just waited another year and put in hardwood in at least in the living room. Now we do have laminated floors in the boy's rooms. Thank God!!!

I say that all the time!! I cannot wait until the day there is not a single piece of permanent carpeting (area rugs do not count) in my house. With dogs and kids....ugh.

Terence

Error 404
I only have carpet in a few rooms, which will be replaced as soon as I can afford it, but I didn’t expect to dump water that looked like muddy water out of my steam cleaner today.

mmmm sounds tasty oh wait wrong thread sorry!

ginwoman

We have wall to wall carpet in LR & BR because we don't like the cold, hard, floor on our bare feet. Especially me. I sleep with two pairs of socks on cause' my feet stay so cold.

Im_Me

My family room rug looked too bad for my Thanksgiving company, so I just bought one of these steam vacs. I have a wet cleaner, but I understand you are not supposed to use a lot of water on Berber carpet. I hope to be dinge free by Tuesday!

P.S. I've reset my cookies....Now I'm getting steam vac ads everywhere I go.

Last edited: