I am having a hard time...

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Gut says..no market in breeding if you are not showing...no big market for babys...will have more fun with a gelding...
Good for you Paso... but I know it is a hard dilemna. Good luck with whatever you choose to do though. :buddies:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Loper...9:30 she will do Vence first..then the coggins and teeth...all me on my cellular if you need me.. :buddies:

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Why yes you do... :buddies:

What is your opinnion on this? :whistle:

Woman, I have pictures I should be editting...not playing on the forum.

My opinion is that Paso should do what she feels is best. I see no problem gelding Vence, if her plan is to use him as a riding horse. Right now, he's not the best for that. If her intention is to use him as a stallion then she should keep him a stallion.

I know I don't care who the stallion is...if it's an ass and not controllable it should be gelded. I don't see any point in having any horse that misbehaves. Having balls is not an excuse for bad behavior. (Don't even get me started on this lady with her young stallion I saw last week..oooooof.)

So, Paso just needs to decide what she'd prefer to do with Vence...stick mainly to breeding him with limited riding or geld him and ride him whenever she wants. I can't say which is right, because it's up to Paso to decide what she wants, either way I support her decision. :howdy:

Loper

Animal Poor!
Woman, I have pictures I should be editting...not playing on the forum.

My opinion is that Paso should do what she feels is best. I see no problem gelding Vence, if her plan is to use him as a riding horse. Right now, he's not the best for that. If her intention is to use him as a stallion then she should keep him a stallion.

I know I don't care who the stallion is...if it's an ass and not controllable it should be gelded. I don't see any point in having any horse that misbehaves. Having balls is not an excuse for bad behavior. (Don't even get me started on this lady with her young stallion I saw last week..oooooof.)

So, Paso just needs to decide what she'd prefer to do with Vence...stick mainly to breeding him with limited riding or geld him and ride him whenever she wants. I can't say which is right, because it's up to Paso to decide what she wants, either way I support her decision. :howdy:

I absolutely agree!!!! Loper (pony) was an absolute NIGHTMARE as a stallion!

Umm can we use the bolded statement against men as well? :killingme:killingme:killingme

Sorry Paso, just trying to lighten it up and you know I love ya... and support any path you take with Vence!

devinej

hey you'll still have your beautiful horse, and you'll be able to have some fun riding him too!!. and NO BABIES!!! WHOO HOOO!!!

2baymares

Paso, gelding Vence is the best thing to do. The market is down and there are too many horses for sale now and it won't get better anytime soon.
I know the emotional rollercoaster that you experiencing.
I didnot want to geld my stallion (Tella's Dad) but I needed to sell him and nobody wanted a stallion at the time and he was Georgeous with great bloodlines. Immediately after gelding him he lost that stallion behavior and was a dream. Didn't have to have my guard up anymore when I took him anywhere. (you know what I mean.... announcing to peeps around you "watch out - he's a stallion) I Was able to sell him not long afterwards. My regrets in life is that I could not afford to keep him. No regrets about gelding him.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Shiloh will miss not taking on the pose for him on the trails :lmao::lmao: But in all seriousness geld him. You have to much fun riding him and in big groups you won't have to worry about riding on 2 legs with a landing gear....:lmao: As you said there isn't any money in breeding and your not showing so enjoy him as you been wanting too.....:love:

ElliesMom

From all I ahve heard about him, he sounds like a dream boat! He's your boy, do what you need to, he'll still love you tomorrow when his cahones arent slapping around!

erinjograves

Hey Paso - Vence is a beautiful boy and I agree with everyone else - its your decision and I think you know that gelding him is the best option. The horse market sucks and babies are a pain. If you wanna trail ride him, honey you go for it! He is a beautiful boy that loves you today and will love you tomorrow just as much, if not more!