I am looking...

devinej

LOL painted pony, i think you were the one who brought up the topic of sneaky ways to avoid losing your amateur status....you asked for it! not that i even consider what Bilbo said as fiestily tearing anyone apart....

not only are forums for collaboration, but also for keeping each other Honest

Robin

the way to avoid losing your amateur certification is to have the money reimbursing you for your expenses. payment in forms of gas cards, gift certificates for riding attire or equipment, working off your board, trailering fees to shows, and other types of reimbursements do not count. see the usef rulebook if you are truely concerned.

still a dishonest act in my books.

Robin

you are correct! thats why the horse science school has offered me wawa gas cards and pony club organizations have offered dover gift cards of $50 bucks for a day of teaching camp. and people i have exercised horses for have paid my show entries for me.

being a backyard advanced rider working her way through college and keep expenses low and being "shamateur" are two different things.

you people are so fiesty on this forum.. feel like you are more trying to tear eachother apart then collaborately sharing ideas to help eachother out.

still dishonest and you know it thats why your defensive about it.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
you are correct! thats why the horse science school has offered me wawa gas cards and pony club organizations have offered dover gift cards of $50 bucks for a day of teaching camp. and people i have exercised horses for have paid my show entries for me.

being a backyard advanced rider working her way through college and keep expenses low and being "shamateur" are two different things.

you people are so fiesty on this forum.. feel like you are more trying to tear eachother apart then collaborately sharing ideas to help eachother out.

Paintedpony we just wanted to make sure the OP didn't do anything that would cause her problems with her status should she not be aware of the rules. Compared to COTH it is pretty mild here. HSS gives everyone gas cards whether they are an Amateur or Pro as far as I know.

Back in the day I remember getting instruction from the more advanced pony clubbers who I don't remember them getting paid. Now some of the riding instructors that taught the higher level pony clubbers and taught for a living might have. Do people walk the fine line yes. Do I agree with it no. Are there ways around the rule yes. Is it difficult to challenge someones status and win yes. Everyone has their own level of right and wrong.:whistle:

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
If you think you are "good" enough to train a horse or rider, then you should be bumped up to Pro or Open depending on your circuit. Even if they pay your show bills, etc. that is still illegal(well in AQHA atleast) If your doing someone a favor of working their horse for them for a week while they are gone that's understandable but payment is a no-no in any form.

The OP doesn't want to ride anyone's horses but just wants to muck stalls. If she does decide to ride for payment then even though she is not ready to move up to Open or Pro she needs to. She thought she was good enough to train so she's good enough to ride with the trainers in classes.

BZ.. I got your message i've been at the pony swim all day will call you tomorrow or next day. Also, I won $117 at suntan on friday in the Jackpot W/T....I even beat some trainers but it was an OPEN class for all

Robin

If you think you are "good" enough to train a horse or rider, then you should be bumped up to Pro or Open depending on your circuit. Even if they pay your show bills, etc. that is still illegal(well in AQHA atleast) If your doing someone a favor of working their horse for them for a week while they are gone that's understandable but payment is a no-no in any form.

The OP doesn't want to ride anyone's horses but just wants to muck stalls. If she does decide to ride for payment then even though she is not ready to move up to Open or Pro she needs to. She thought she was good enough to train so she's good enough to ride with the trainers in classes.

BZ.. I got your message i've been at the pony swim all day will call you tomorrow or next day. Also, I won $117 at suntan on friday in the Jackpot W/T....I even beat some trainers but it was an OPEN class for all

congrats on your win

Duckz

No, some of us are pointing out error of your ways. The same GR 1306 allows payments of entry fees, farrier and vet bills related to the horse. The same rule DOES NOT allow paying for your gas or your equipment.

Walk the line if you want...lots do. Does not make it right.

That being siad...:1bdz:

Some walk the line...some trample it beyond recognition...either way it's not right. There is little to no chance you'll get caught though, so trample away :cussing:

Not that I'm bitter about having to compete against trainers in my ammy classes or anything :whistle::biggrin:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
BZ.. I got your message i've been at the pony swim all day will call you tomorrow or next day. Also, I won $117 at suntan on friday in the Jackpot W/T....I even beat some trainers but it was an OPEN class for all[/QUOTE]

Did you come home with something new in the back of the trailer?:whistle: That is awesome about the class win and the $$$ isn't to bad either. :yahoo: Sounds like your girl was doing really well. Glad you had a good showing at Suntan.:dye: