I am putting down my dog

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Ok, now that I have calmed down, I can tell how that I am so sorry what you have to go through. I will be thinking about you all day and hope you are coping well with what will probably be one of the worst days. My prayers are also coming your way. It will be hard to be there with your dog but you'll be glad you were later. Take care.

Real Irish

So sorry for your troubles

I'm new here too. The poems are really inspiring and there's a lot of love here for you. I pray you get through this day. Hang in there.

Last edited:

watercolor

yeah yeah
Ocean- I am very sorry for the cirrcumstances at hand. But you are a brave and wonderful person for giving your dog a loving and wonderful life, and also knowing that when they need to go, you can let them go. I know the pain you must be feeling, I have been there too. The poems along with rainbow bridge that were given are awesome! (brought me to tears.. damn hormones. LOL!). I am in no way giving you sympathy you dont want- just want you to know, I will be thinking of you and your little four legged pal today.

Hokieman

Quote for Ocean733 / All things become all things

Sharon said:
Try here http://www.dogheaven.com/about.htm there's plenty of stuff to choose from; or just cruise the site to help ease your pain. :huggy:

The oldie but goodie "Rainbow Bridge" is a real tearjerker.

I couldn't seem to reply directly to her post, please pass this on!

------------------------------
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
For I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond's glint on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quite birds in circle flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

Hokieman said:
I couldn't seem to reply directly to her post, please pass this on!

------------------------------
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
For I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond's glint on snow.
I am the sun on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn's rain.
When you awaken in morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quite birds in circle flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die.

I've read that before. It's beautiful.

R

remaxrealtor

ocean733 said:
Thank you so much, everyone.

I am honestly not looking for sympathy - I just want to make sure that I do this right.

Your sentiments are great.

PrepH4U: I printed out your poem. :huggy:

Our pets are our best friends, but they look to us to do what is right for them. It clear that this is a decision made out of love. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family tomorrow.

K

Katie

I know I am reading this kind of late..

I had to put my older boxer to sleep earlier this year. I had her for a very short time, but it was the hardest decision I had to make. She was suffering, and I didn't want her to feel pain anymore.

I still miss her big time! She had this cute little butt wiggle, where her entire body would shake when she would see me.

When we lived in the hotel for the 2.5 weeks, she stayed with us, and kept me sane through it!