I am steaming mad!

SeaRide

Pete said:
Boy had fun day today and he said they lost the tug-o-war because the school administration allowed fat kids wearing cleats on the other team.

What say you forum people?

I say tell the school administration to ban the tug-o-war and replace it with the sumo game. I mean let the fat kids play "sumo" while barefoot on the mat. Wearing the fat colorful thong which is an option. :shrug:
Multicultural learning thing, you know. :shrug:

Toxick

Splat
Pete said:
Boy had fun day today and he said they lost the tug-o-war because the school administration allowed fat kids wearing cleats on the other team. Should I go to the school and confront the principal? This could be a life changing blow to his psych. How could they allow this to happen? Is there no justice? It is my responsibility to raise him, can I just let this go?

What say you forum people?

I say the fat kids' self-esteem is already in the crapper. You and your boy can take heart in the fact that they will probably never have consensual sex without money involved.

BillnChristi

Life is hard whether you are an adult, teen or child. The world is unfair at times. The best thing is to teach your kid that. Life doesn't always play fair. By going and complaining about it is just going to cause your child to be more dependant on you. You must allow them to grow up and the only way to do that is NOT to shelter them. You also have to learn to let go and know when to pick your battles. Kids cheating on a tug of war match is not worth fighting about. Another student bringing a gun to school is.

Another thing to remember is that it is good to teach your child to be a good winner...but also teach them to be a gracious loser. Unfortunately, there is always a winner and a loser. As long as your child does their best..that is all they need to worry about...Win or Lose. I think alot of parents are forgetting this and they also need to be reminded.

Pete

Repete
BillnChristi said:
Life is hard whether you are an adult, teen or child. The world is unfair at times. The best thing is to teach your kid that. Life doesn't always play fair. By going and complaining about it is just going to cause your child to be more dependant on you. You must allow them to grow up and the only way to do that is NOT to shelter them. You also have to learn to let go and know when to pick your battles. Kids cheating on a tug of war match is not worth fighting about. Another student bringing a gun to school is.

Another thing to remember is that it is good to teach your child to be a good winner...but also teach them to be a gracious loser. Unfortunately, there is always a winner and a loser. As long as your child does their best..that is all they need to worry about...Win or Lose. I think alot of parents are forgetting this and they also need to be reminded.
Pssst, I was being sarcastic. Good advise though, just last night there was only enough ice cream for one person so I took it for myself. When he whined I told him I was helping him learn to deal with disappointment because there is a lot of disappointment in life. :pete:

Last edited:

Tinkerbell

Baby blues
Pete said:
Pssst, I was being sarcastic. Good advise though, just last night there was only enough ice cream for one person so I took it for myself. When he whined I told him I was helping him learn to deal with disappointment because there is a lot of disappointment in life. :pete:
:huggy: you are SUCH a great dad, Pete! Boy is so lucky!

:lol:

Pete

Repete
Tinkerbell said:
:huggy: you are SUCH a great dad, Pete! Boy is so lucky!

I know, the hard part is to teach him humility and to be humble. When you are as great as we are it is really diffucult.

He made me a really cool poster thing for Fathers Day. I was so happy I let him have an extra Dr. Pepper for breakfast. :yay: