I can't help myself...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'm watching American Idol. :hanginghead:

I HAD to - Stephen Tyler is on the panel this year and I wanted to see him. And he is a scream! VERY funny! :killingme

Bann

PREMO Member
Thought the show was really good! I love the panel together and think they all compliment one another.

In fact...saw an interview this morning with Stephen Tyler on FNC and he said the same thing. :yay:

Another thing he said that I agree with 100% "You can't judge the music (talent for it), if you judge the genre". (paraphrasing, as I'm not sure I have the exact quote). You could see that in the judging last night.

I can't wait to see it again tonight. I love the essence of the idea behind IDOL. I think it kind of got away from that in the last couple of years and think they may be back on that track.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I tried watching a few minutes of it. Steven Tyler's face is very scary and I did not like the dynamics of the judges. IMO.
I used to love the auditions but I cannot watch the freak show judges this year. :barf:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I tried watching a few minutes of it. Steven Tyler's face is very scary and I did not like the dynamics of the judges. IMO.
I used to love the auditions but I cannot watch the freak show judges this year. :barf:

Yep, I agree. I looked in on it when there were commercials...I just can't get away from my Wednesday night shows. Way too much laughing to do. They were REALLY good last night.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Yep, I agree. I looked in on it when there were commercials...I just can't get away from my Wednesday night shows. Way too much laughing to do. They were REALLY good last night.

That's what I did. I love Wed., except for Cougar Town. :yay:

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?

I am going to have a hard time not watching The Middle, Better With You and Modern Family..I especially like Debra Jo Rupp on Better With You...I put her up there with Betty White as being a funny woman....Toss up between Sue and Axle on The Middle as to who is the funniest....Modern Family knocks it out every week...very funny shows...They were really good last night....I am glad I didn't watch Idol....

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We were watching Live to Dance and cut back and forth to AI. I was curious of how they'd be containing Tyler but he seemed relatively well behaved - outspoken as always - but not the wild man of his youth.
Some of the auditions were painful - others surprisingly good. I prefer watching the auditions to watching the actual competition, but I'm hooked by Live to Dance so I'll probably miss a majority of them.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I am proud to say that I have never seen "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", or almost any primetime series/show. I did watch "Cougar Town" last night for the first time, and thought that it was pretty funny.

I'm mostly glued to cooking shows or HGTV.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

I'm not sold on Cougar Town, although I like some of it. I usually fall asleep during the show.

I am going to have a hard time not watching The Middle, Better With You and Modern Family..I especially like Debra Jo Rupp on Better With You...I put her up there with Betty White as being a funny woman....Toss up between Sue and Axle on The Middle as to who is the funniest....Modern Family knocks it out every week...very funny shows...They were really good last night....I am glad I didn't watch Idol....

I love her!! Better With You has been a pleasant surprise..I wasn't sure if it would be funny but so far it's fairly good. I loved the parenting "boo-boos." :lol:

The Middle and Modern Family are just the best shows to come along in a very long time.

Vince

I am proud to say that I have never seen "American Idol", "Dancing with the Stars", or almost any primetime series/show. I did watch "Cougar Town" last night for the first time, and thought that it was pretty funny.

Reality TV sucks. I don't watch Cougar Town either, but HGTV or DIY is :yay: And any show like NCIS, CSI, etc.

Bann watching American Idol.....you should be ashamed. :lol:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

I like Dancing With The Stars. But I love watching dancing...

Bann

PREMO Member

Well, yeah - but the lady who ate comet cleanser was a freak show, too! :lol:

But I agree, Steven's face is pretty scary! :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Reality TV sucks. I don't watch Cougar Town either, but HGTV or DIY is :yay: And any show like NCIS, CSI, etc.

Bann watching American Idol.....you should be ashamed. :lol:

:biggrin: Hey - it's my mindless escapism show! :diva: Actually, I rarely watch any network TV during prime time.

Don't worry, I'll keep up with politics and current events & not let my brain go to mush - promise! :dance:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I'm not sold on Cougar Town, although I like some of it. I usually fall asleep during the show.

I love her!! Better With You has been a pleasant surprise..I wasn't sure if it would be funny but so far it's fairly good. I loved the parenting "boo-boos." :lol:

The Middle and Modern Family are just the best shows to come along in a very long time.

And Raising Hope. :lol:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

We watched Cougar Town last night and we Swear there is a forumite on that show.
Now we do admit we've only met this forumite a couple of times but damn. RINGER!

Now you need to watch it and see if you can figure it out.

Last edited:

CATT! Did you NOT completely LAUGH OUT LOUD when Manny came stomping down the stairs and gave his tirade about the karaoke...:killingme:

"Just call me angel of the mooooooorning..." *shovingspooningarbagedisposal* :killingme

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
CATT! Did you NOT completely LAUGH OUT LOUD when Manny came stomping down the stairs and gave his tirade about the karaoke...:killingme:

"Just call me angel of the mooooooorning..." *shovingspooningarbagedisposal* :killingme

That was so funny, I love that show! :killingme