I desperately need to find a church...or a shrink!

citysherry

I Need a Beer
Originally posted by pixiegirl
Kain STFU! You're constantly having meltdowns yet you tell someone else to buck up. :rolleyes:

Sorry pixie, but I have to agree with Kain on this one. Christy definitely needs to be pulled out of her "woes me - pity party." Either she can continue to be miserable in her situation or she can take a proactive position.

K

Kain99

Originally posted by migtig
Actually, Pixie, some of the best crisis intervention people I volunteer with have had the biggest meltdowns. :shrug:
Thanks Mig but don't waste the oxygen... Pix is on a mission. :wink:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by citysherry
Sorry pixie, but I have to agree with Kain on this one. Christy definitely needs to be pulled out of her "woes me - pity party." Either she can continue to be miserable in her situation or she can take a proactive position.

This may be true but the point I was trying to make was Kain tends to spew a lot of advice without ever taking any of her own. That "Do as I say not as I do" mentality. She was awfully harsh on someone when she herself is always in a state of crisis.

I'd like to take this opportunity to appologize in advance to everyone.... I had to see my mother last night and got inundated with her "advice" :rolleyes: . I don't think I have much patience for it today. Unless you're not a freaking mental patient yourself don't give anyone else advice. If they're asking for advice on here about anything serious their lives are oviously screwed up enough without you trying to screw them up further. Thanks and have a nice day. :smile:

K

Kain99

I'd like to take this opportunity to appologize in advance to everyone.... I had to see my mother last night and got inundated with her "advice" :rolleyes: . I don't think I have much patience for it today.
Here we go..............:killingme

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Kain99
Thanks Mig but don't waste the oxygen... Pix is on a mission. :wink:

Don't flatter yourself. As you can see by my last post I had to see my mother last night and I was the recipient of "advice" given by someone who had no place to give it. I just called it like I saw it. You of all people shouldn't be telling anyone to buck up. When you can stop having meltdowns on a public forum and can act like you are half mentally intact yourself then you can start giving people advice on what to do with themselves. You see I didn't go after anyone else for their advice, just you; the sole hypocrite.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: JMHO

This thread is not about anybody but Christy. She didn't ask anybody for their opinions of how to live her life or what to do. She just unloaded, probably because she really needed to emotionally, and once she started she couldn't stop. The ONLY thing she asked for was someplace to find a counselor or church.

I suggest we all show for once some compassion and respect and only supply her with the information that she has requested, and realize this thread is NOT about us and our dramas or how we would handle a situation.

If you truly feel a need to continue with any bickering or your own personal drama, why not start a new thread?

That was my point. You just worded it a little better. She didn't come on here asking for Kain's advice yet Kain in her infinite wisdom decided she needed to give it. :rolleyes:

There is no personal drama. I don't hold grudges. Just so happens that I got enough of my own unwanted advice last night that I was tweeked when I saw someone else giving advice when they shouldn't.

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: JMHO

Just so happens that I got enough of my own unwanted advice last night that I was tweeked when I saw someone else giving advice when they shouldn't.
I am starting to get the impression that you got some unwanted advice last night...

Am I getting warm? :confused:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Re: Re: JMHO

Originally posted by mainman
I am starting to get the impression that you got some unwanted advice last night...

Am I getting warm? :confused:

Getting warmer. :cheesy:

I'm seriously considering moving to another state. 30 minutes with my momma and I'm a biatch for 2 days...

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by christy20657
I really think I am losing it and I constantly think that God hates me! It seems like whenever I find happiness in life, something comes along and pulls the rug out from under me. I will give you the short version of my childhood. Mom had me at 19 out of wedlock, gave me up for adoption for 30 days, then came back and got me, informed my dad if he was not going to be a permanate fixture in my life then stay away, so he did. Then my grandmother forced her (by threats and stating because she was 19 no job, no money, no insurance and me needing kidney surgery) to sign over temp custody to her. She raised me and my cousin, she was vicious at times with the things she said and with me being the oldes and a girl, she took most of her physical abuse out on me, not to mention I took up for little cousin. I moved in w/ mom at 13, started thinking bout my dad, got into drugs, mom put me in a rehab, went and got dad told him I needed him. At first I was like a new toy to dad but then as time went on, i noticed that i was always second best to his other 2 kids, still is that way and im 30. Got into abusive relationship for 2 years, kicked him to the curb, met my husband, knew he had 1 child from previous marriage, got married at 19, had kid who was born 10 weeks early and almost died at 20, about 40k in medical bills w/ no insurance, fought for custody of hubby's son, whom I love as my own, went on for 4 years had to file bankruptcy due to the mounting legal bills, only got joint custody, then after we spent all that money and she had a free attorney, she signed him over. finally looked as if things were looking up, bought a house in 2002, then this past year all hell broke loose again! Stepson got caught w/ drugs (pot) in his room (he's 16) it broke my heart, son also got arrested for breaking someones window w/ a rock, have to pay 650 in restitution, owe taxes yet again and now here is the worst of it...

DH and I have been together for 12 years, married for 11. A month ago the sherrif knocks on the door w/ child support papers. WE figure its stepsons mother trying to pull something NOPE! As it turns out, a woman he was w/ 13 years ago is claiming her 12 year old son is his and he knew NOTHING about this child. Have to feel like white trash and go for paternity, find out she is white trash, 4 kids 3 different men, in jail for first degree arson (she litterally kicked in someones door poured gasoline and lit it on fire) also in drug rehab, her ex husband has her 2 girls and she has the youngest in the rehab w/ her the child in question is in SC w/ people who used to run the call girl service she used to work for, the kids last name is their last name and she used to be involved w/ their son. So now we are told by Child Support, that everything we have, and have worked so hard for we may lose because they can take up to 50% of his gross income! We will have to sell our house and who knows if we could even rent a place for less than our mortgage. I feel like my world is crumbling! I feel like God hates me, I feel like I have worked my entire life and never depending on anything just so women like this can get a welfare check. Now we may have to pay her $2000 a month, his gross is 4000 but he only brings home after deductions $2500 so she can continue to be a prostitute, drug addict and collect welfare. They wont even consider how we are supposed to support our two kids or consider them at all for that matter.

I need to talk to someone. I have been on an emotional roller coaster, one day ready to take on the world, the next day crying my eyes out. I have lost 25 pds in the last month due to not eating, I dont sleep and my doc has put me on xanex which I cant take because then I cant function. If anyone knows a good church where I could go I would appreciate it!

Now that is F'ed up.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
All bickering aside, God doesn't deal you more than he knows you can handle. Consider the situation either a test of faith, or a test of personal strength, depending on your beliefs. :shrug: Like most have said, you should definitely talk to a professional. I don't think approaching a pastor or priest with the "God hates me" mentality will get you far, they're really there to help you live your life the way God would want it, I sense that's not what you're after. A shrink, like Vrai said, will probably help you find ways to handle the feelings you have.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Actually, Pixie, some of the best crisis intervention people I volunteer with have had the biggest meltdowns. :shrug:

No wonder there are so many screwed up people out there. :duh: The blind leading the blind. :bubble:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can I get an AMEN!
Did anyone but me laugh out loud when they read that?

Cardinal rule of successful forum interaction: Don't put it out there if you don't want anyone to comment on it.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Originally posted by vraiblonde

Cardinal rule of successful forum interaction: Don't put it out there if you don't want anyone to comment on it.
:lol: Why is there no "Raise the Roof" smiley? :lol:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Originally posted by Nickel
:lol: Why is there no "Raise the Roof" smiley? :lol:

raiseroof.gif

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones

When I go home at night I could give a crap less who says what about anything I say or do. But this poor girl is obviously having a hard enough time and doesn't have the post count to know who not to take advice from. I was just helping a sista out.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

You mean that stuff was true? I thought it was striictly for entertainment...no?

Hessian

$$

Unfortunately,...when a financial/legal crisis emerges,... a ;ot of the advice involves spending more $$! That ain't too helpful folks.

I would hope many pastor's & priests have an open door policy and may be able to provide a chance for a good cry and some sound advice. The church is charged to be a combination of of faith and works...you may find a Christian Lawyer or financial counselor who could help. If the church can't offer good works: It is dead (James).

On a painful issue: Trees take time to grow,...sometimes they get hit by Lightning, or have someone nail a fence to them. Sometimes they grow at a slant...never to be straightened.
There is NO program, remedy, or 5 step process to fix all the issues that you endured. some may the the product of bad choices/actions. One must be able to bear the consequences of those choices/actions. Sadly...some people are willing to spend all their energy blaming others for their problems- Its time to sort out things that you can fix...and the things that God can fix.
Accept responsibility for the problems that you created and ask for help for the problems beyond your abilities.
Get to a helpful church & sort out the problems. Christ is willing to share the burdens.