I don't understand why...

MMDad

Lem Putt
BuddyLee said:
Average Joe is protected by the cop. Average Joe does not protect average Joe. We need laws and law enforcement or we'd all be killing each other in the state of nature we'd be living in.

:jerry: That is the smartest thing you have ever said. I didn't expect that from you. WOW!

daisy

BuddyLee said:
Average Joe is protected by the cop. Average Joe does not protect average Joe. We need laws and law enforcement or we'd all be killing each other in the state of nature we'd be living in.

EXACTLY! When you KILL the authority figure (or anyone for that matter), why should anyone treat you with any sympathy?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BuddyLee said:

I didn't read this whole thread, but in my opinion, if they'd treat each crime as if it were against an official, there might be a little less crime. To make excuses for different punishments for the same crime is just stupid.

BuddyLee

Football addict
elaine said:
I didn't read this whole thread, but in my opinion, if they'd treat each crime as if it were against an official, there might be a little less crime. To make excuses for different punishments for the same crime is just stupid.
If you were saying the punishments for certain crimes should be elevated then I would agree. If you're saying the punishments should be the same for everyone I would disagree. A cop is paid to protect your ass and your loved ones. What average Joe is going to do that, on a daily basis at that?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

So then, if a cop or a firefighter or a soldier is killed they are seen as heroes for clearly putting their lives on the line for us average Joe's. <o:p></o:p>

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BuddyLee said:
If you were saying the punishments for certain crimes should be elevated then I would agree. If you're saying the punishments should be the same for everyone I would disagree. A cop is paid to protect your ass and your loved ones. What average Joe is going to do that, on a daily basis at that?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

So then, if a cop or a firefighter or a soldier is killed they are seen as heroes for clearly putting their lives on the line for us average Joe's. <o:p></o:p>

My point is, if they would punish each criminal as if they had committed that crime against a cop (more severe) they may put a dent in the crimes being committed against everyone.

BuddyLee

Football addict
elaine said:
My point is, if they would punish each criminal as if they had committed that crime against a cop (more severe) they may put a dent in the crimes being committed against everyone.
So you want to elevate the punishment for certain crimes, I'm all for that.:yay: