I FINALLY know someone personally in the hospital because of covid

My first known case as well. Just got a text, my brother's FIL was just admitted with breathing problems, tested positive. On a ventilator. Just two weeks ago he was in the hospital for pneumonia, on O2, has lung cancer. He opted to not have chemo, wanted to live out the rest of his life as comfortably as possible. Not a candidate for Covid anti-viral treatments. It is not looking good. Glad I got to visit with him when I was in AR.

He's comfortable as he can be, was asking for lunch.
So he is in hospital WITH COVID not specifically just because of COVID.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
First cases I know personally, in my family, were my niece, her husband and son.
Sarah thinks they got it from her daughter, who was asymptomatic.
She thinks Naomi picked it up at school.
Fortunately, they were able to ride it out at home, though my niece did need antibiotics for a secondary infection.

As for the tales of taking care of one's parents...both my mom and dad were able to pass at home due to Hospice, and 3 of my nieces and 1 nephew being healthcare professionals.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My first known case as well. Just got a text, my brother's FIL was just admitted with breathing problems, tested positive. On a ventilator. Just two weeks ago he was in the hospital for pneumonia, on O2, has lung cancer. He opted to not have chemo, wanted to live out the rest of his life as comfortably as possible. Not a candidate for Covid anti-viral treatments. It is not looking good. Glad I got to visit with him when I was in AR.

He's comfortable as he can be, was asking for lunch.
Just got word he passed away this afternoon.

This is one of those cases where he passed FROM covid, highly exacerbated by his health issues.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

My first known case as well. Just got a text, my brother's FIL was just admitted with breathing problems, tested positive. On a ventilator. Just two weeks ago he was in the hospital for pneumonia, on O2, has lung cancer. He opted to not have chemo, wanted to live out the rest of his life as comfortably as possible. Not a candidate for Covid anti-viral treatments. It is not looking good. Glad I got to visit with him when I was in AR. He's comfortable as he can be, was asking for lunch.

This is one of those cases where he passed FROM covid, highly exacerbated by his health issues.

Pretty sure it wasn't "FROM covid" the reason he passed. His body's immune system was already under severe assault fighting a losing battle with his current inflammations, and the associated pharma medications. Pneumonia, cancer, and whatever else. Now add covid, or the flu, or a cold, on top of what he was already dealing with. It wasn't a new infection that killed him. His body was depleted of those inflammation fighting cells, known as white blood cells, and was in a hyper inflammatory response stage trying to deal with everything going on inside him. Shame he died, but at least it was in his own terms.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
If I may ...

Pretty sure it wasn't "FROM covid" the reason he passed. His body's immune system was already under severe assault fighting a losing battle with his current inflammations, and the associated pharma medications. Pneumonia, cancer, and whatever else. Now add covid, or the flu, or a cold, on top of what he was already dealing with. It wasn't a new infection that killed him. His body was depleted of those inflammation fighting cells, known as white blood cells, and was in a hyper inflammatory response stage trying to deal with everything going on inside him. Shame he died, but at least it was in his own terms.
Stuff it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I'll stuff it, too, then because you said he had pneumonia AND lung cancer. What makes you think the covid did him in?

Regardless, I'm sorry for your family's loss. :hug:

General Lee

Sneakers, don't even waste your time trying convince the know it all's on here about the whether it was covid or not. Most here don't grasp the concept of how serious covid can be. I'm sorry for your loss

Hijinx

I am sorry for your loss , but if he had Lung Cancer and refused Chemo His days were already numbered, it's a painful frightening way to die and he is probably blessed that the Good Lord took him. He has no more pain.

It's hard to lose people, but it is also hard to sit by and watch them slowly suffer and die from cancer.

Louise

Sneakers, don't even waste your time trying convince the know it all's on here about the whether it was covid or not. Most here don't grasp the concept of how serious covid can be. I'm sorry for your loss

Yes, covid is serious. It was man made to kill man. If you already have health issues, it will take you sooner than later. My fam is unvaxxed, and will remain that way. God bless us all.

Also, want to say that no fam has been sick since this NWO crap started 2 years ago. Also, the last flu shot we got was in 2004 when daughter grad from PHS, when it was offered at the schools. Haven’t been sick since. Hmmm…

Last edited:

HemiHauler

Yes, covid is serious. It was man made to kill man. If you already have health issues, it will take you sooner than later. My fam is unvaxxed, and will remain that way. God bless us all.

Also, want to say that no fam has been sick since this NWO crap started 2 years ago. Also, the last flu shot we got was in 2004 when daughter grad from PHS, when it was offered at the schools. Haven’t been sick since. Hmmm…

:crazy:

Hijinx

My best boyhood friend and a neighbor 2 miles down the road both died from the shiit late 2020. Both healthy.

Nobody said it wouldn't kill you. The regular flu can kill you.
But will the vaccine save you?

Maybe it will maybe it won't , there is evidence that is inconclusive.

WingsOfGold

Nobody said it wouldn't kill you. The regular flu can kill you.
But will the vaccine save you?

Maybe it will maybe it won't , there is evidence that is inconclusive.
We both got the crud several months ago, pretty much a minor event. My oldest 2 weeks ago, same thing.... was it because we got the TRUMP vaccine.... who knows?