I got the covid

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Confirming tmw morning but I definitely have it. @vraiblonde I know you wanted a firsthand account of it....got any questions? Lol

Do you feel bad? If so, how bad? How far in are you?

Sorry you got the rona, I'm trying to not be too crass about my curiosity. :huggy:

rmorse

Sorry to keep y'all waiting on the responses....I passed out pretty early last night.

Do you feel bad? If so, how bad? How far in are you?

Sorry you got the rona, I'm trying to not be too crass about my curiosity. :huggy:

I'm not easily offended and I know you were super curious, which is why I tagged you in my post. ;) Ask away! In the meantime, here's a quick rundown of what's happening:

My fiancé and I went to a party at a buddy's house on Saturday, Feb 20. On Monday, Feb 22, I started feeling a little off. I went to the gym that afternoon and came home and was achey but wrote it off to lifting. Went to bed early because I couldn't keep my eyes open. The next morning, I felt like a truck had run me over. Super bad headache (right behind my eyes, similar to a dehydration headache), really bad muscle/body aches, bad congestion, small (100 degree) fever, bad cough, general exhaustion. My fiancé and I went and got the rapid test that day and both came back negative for covid. While I was waiting, I reached out to the dude who threw the party who informed me that someone else was sick and tested positive for covid on that Sunday. So I was pretty sure I had it at that point but I had a negative test. I scheduled the PCR test and took that on Tuesday as well since they're a bit more accurate.

Tuesday night suuuuucked. Really bad fever; general exhaustion, etc. I was also extremely confused/dizzy/disoriented on Tuesday, which blew. Wednesday was more of the same but the worst by far was that Tuesday. Got the PCR results on Wednesday - negative again. Thursday and Friday (the 25th and 26th), started feeling a bit better...just felt like I had gotten over something nasty. At this point, I assumed that I just had the flu and was coming out of the woods with it.

Saturday the 27th, I started feeling more congested again. This followed into Sunday the 28th. I also lost my sense of taste and smell on Sunday. Monday, March 1st, my fiancé started feeling super sick. Same symptoms I had earlier in the week. Yesterday, Tuesday the 2nd, she went and got another rapid test which came back positive for covid. She's getting hit pretty hard with it right now, similar to how I was last week. I still can't taste or smell anything and now I'm having a very difficult time catching my breath. It feels like when I head out to Colorado to do some snowboarding and I just landed....I dunno if you've ever been out there but the air is thinner (as I'm sure you know) and it doesn't feel like you just exercised...just like you can't take a full deep breath.

I have another rapid test scheduled for this morning but I'm sure I have it, based on the above. At this point, I'm just dealing with a complete lack of taste and smell and I can't catch my breath so it feels like I'm slowly suffocating, which is nice.

For reference - I'm a 34 year old male, 6 foot and 165 pounds. I stay very active and I'm in decent shape so I'm not exactly this tiny frail person getting hit with this disease. I'm not worried about whether or not I'm going to make it through (I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit nervous about possible long term ramifications) but I couldn't imagine someone with preexisting conditions trying to deal with this. Those two days hit me HARD but I'd be most concerned about not being able to catch my breath. I can see that easily going south for someone in not the best shape.

Anyway, lemme know if you have any questions!

rmorse

How does anybody have any faith in these Covid tests after hearing that?

So, the only thing I can figure out is that I might have gone to get tested too soon. But to be honest, that doesn't make sense to me. I'm no doctor (I'm no gynecologist, but I'll take a look) but if I'm sick, I would imagine I have enough viral load in me to show up on a test. Who knows.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
So, the only thing I can figure out is that I might have gone to get tested too soon. But to be honest, that doesn't make sense to me. I'm no doctor (I'm no gynecologist, but I'll take a look) but if I'm sick, I would imagine I have enough viral load in me to show up on a test. Who knows.
ISWYDT

AFA Viral load, you would think with such profound symptoms you'd pop a positive.