I got the covid

rmorse

Given the description of the symptoms, it sounds almost as if you had the flu then ><BAM!>< COVID. You didn't mention a loss of taste or smell when you first got sick and two days would be ultra quick for symptoms to show after exposure. :sshrug:

Yea maybe. Who knows. I wish I had gotten a flu test too.

FYI, that doesn't sound like COVID. I had COVID 4 months ago, and like most it was a dry cough for a long time before any other symptoms. Certainly didn't show up in 2 days and hit you like a train.

That said, I got sick again 2 weeks ago and it presented EXACTLY like what you described. I got tested (as did my wife) and we were negative. Which makes sense, we already had it and we got vaccinated for it afterwards.
I am finding 2-3 days after exposure is common start of symptoms. I have also followed many that test negative, but definitely have it...the loss of taste and smell is a 99.9% tell and no it not like when things seem tasteless when you get a cold or the flu.

First of all, so Sneakers doesn't think mean things about me, I hope you and the fiancee recover quickly 🤒

I've had the regular flu and thought I was going to die with what you described, and presume you have as well. How are the symptoms different with covid?
Vrai, the difference is the mucus. The consistency of the COVID19 mucus is unlike other ailments. The normal breathing treatments don't budge it. It also seems to build up 'silently'. It doesn't cause productive coughing so the victim doesn't even realizing the layers are building. The best way to tell if your breathing is being compromised is to breath in to fill your lungs as completely as possible then try to hold it for 60 seconds. If you have mucus you won't make it much past 15 seconds before coughing even if you didn't have any coughing beforehand.

Drinking a TON of water, sucking zinc drops, mass increase of vitamin D and C, elderberry drops are all natural ways to boost your body's ability to fight it.

rmorse

Vrai, the difference is the mucus. The consistency of the COVID19 mucus is unlike other ailments. The normal breathing treatments don't budge it. It also seems to build up 'silently'. It doesn't cause productive coughing so the victim doesn't even realizing the layers are building. The best way to tell if your breathing is being compromised is to breath in to fill your lungs as completely as possible then try to hold it for 60 seconds. If you have mucus you won't make it much past 15 seconds before coughing even if you didn't have any coughing beforehand.

Drinking a TON of water, sucking zinc drops, mass increase of vitamin D and C, elderberry drops are all natural ways to boost your body's ability to fight it.

I made it the full 60 seconds! :hot:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thats the thing, for everything you read, you'll find another article that contradicts what you read. It's so fricking crazy.

I'm finding that most of what "the experts" spew about covid either is or sounds like a lot of bullshit. That's why I'm interested in first-hand testimonies from real people.

lucky_bee

RBF expert

was it in the other covid thread someone posted medical advice when recovering: stand up and walk around for a few minutes at least every hour. Don't allow yourself to lay down for too long due to the way this mucus accumilates unlike any other sickness.

Clem72

I made it the full 60 seconds! :hot:

That's because kwillia's "best method" has been disavowed by every reputable news source.
Thats the thing, for everything you read, you'll find another article that contradicts what you read. It's so fricking crazy.

Like what kwillia posted above. I guess the problem is when you count guidance from the NIH/CDC as equal to Doctor Bob's COVID Blog (*Dr. Bob has a PHD in metallurgical sciences)

was it in the other covid thread someone posted medical advice when recovering: stand up and walk around for a few minutes at least every hour. Don't allow yourself to lay down for too long due to the way this mucus accumilates unlike any other sickness.
Yes and DO NOT sleep on your back.

That's because kwillia's "best method" has been disavowed by every reputable news source.

Like what kwillia posted above. I guess the problem is when you count guidance from the NIH/CDC as equal to Doctor Bob's COVID Blog (*Dr. Bob has a PHD in metallurgical sciences)
When I did my deep dive digging, I found pretty much every news source was useless. I also went "overseas" to see what their medical advice was and that provided way more helpful "home remedy" information than anything we are getting here.

I came to the conclusion, we are being kept in the dark on how home remedies CAN most definitely make a difference because it downplays the narrative they need us to buy into.