I guess we won't really know much about the Giants

BuddyLee

Football addict
...until at least week 8.

I expect them to be 7-0 through this cupcake schedule.

Beat Washington at home with all the pom poms and fireworks.

Dominated the Yams.

Won in OT versus the Bungles.

Dominated the Sea Chickens.

Next at Cleveland. Wow.

Then San Fran.:bigwhoop:

Ah, week 8...the season finally begins for the champs. Let's see what they're made of.

week 8 @ Pittsburgh

week 9 v. Dallas

week 10 @ Philly

week 11 v. Baltimore

week 12 @ Arizona

week 13 @ Washington

week 14 v. Philly

week 15 @ Dallas

week 16 v. Carolina

week 17 @ Minnesota

Rael

Supper's Ready
Whaddaya mean? I thought the pom poms and fireworks were a necessary evil to distract the visiting team into not concentrating on the game. Legit, no? :shrug:

:lmao:

Seriously, I have to agree on their soft early schedule. Certainly have to add that into the mix when looking at numbers. And if the Giants didn't produce great stats with these teams, it might say a lot about them for this season.

As we all know...total yards, total points, 3rd down conversions, or you name the stat all mean nothing to what's on the scoreboard at the end of the day. This year, the NFC east is even more interesting to me in how these conference matches will play out.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
My boys schedule is looking pretty tough.

week 8 Giants
week9 Skins
week10 Colts
week11 Chargers
week12 Bengals ( well )
week13 Patriots
week14 Cowboys ( I'll be at that game )
week15 Ravens
week16 Titans
week17 Browns

Then they already played Philly, Ravens, and Jaguars. I think they had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year. But GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
My boys schedule is looking pretty tough.

week 8 Giants
week9 Skins
week10 Colts
week11 Chargers
week12 Bengals ( well )
week13 Patriots
week14 Cowboys ( I'll be at that game )
week15 Ravens
week16 Titans
week17 Browns

Then they already played Philly, Ravens, and Jaguars. I think they had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL this year. But GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!
They should still take the division.

Alright Giants fans, your season starts this week.

Good luck.:lmao:

Yeah, from here on out their opponents are 39-26 with 6 road games.

The Redskin's opponents are 23-34 with 4 road games. The hardest road game they have left is @ 3-3 Baltimore.

My money's on the Redskins to win the division.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Yeah, from here on out their opponents are 39-26 with 6 road games.

The Redskin's opponents are 23-34 with 4 road games. The hardest road game they have left is @ 3-3 Baltimore.

My money's on the Redskins to win the division.
It is going to go back and forth with these two teams I believe. The Cowboys and Eagles could easily get back into the picture too.

The Redskins had the unfortunality of playing a lot of tough road games early. Many had them one foot in the grave before the season started. However, if you're able to make it out at even .500 you're set up for still a tough schedule but a manageable one.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Holy...

Ah, week 8...the season finally begins for the champs. Let's see what they're made of.

week 8 @ Pittsburgh

week 9 v. Dallas

week 10 @ Philly

week 11 v. Baltimore

week 12 @ Arizona

week 13 @ Washington

week 14 v. Philly

week 15 @ Dallas

week 16 v. Carolina

week 17 @ Minnesota

...hell!!!

Brutal.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They should but this season has been kinda screwy this year.
The Brownies are dead. The Bengals...are the Bengals.:ohwell:

You only have to worry about the ratbirds whom don't have much of an offense to even compete with your defense.

Your team wins the division again, which is quite easy when the other three teams have as many wins as them.

...hell!!!

Brutal.

Yeah, according to Sagarin they had the easiest schedule in the NFL through week 7. I suspect they have one of the toughest from here on out.

They don't have a single game left that is as easy as the hardest game they have played thus far, excepting the opener against the 'Skins.

BuddyLee

Football addict
A different perspective...

http://realredskins.com/

Click link for entire article

Tuesday Take—The Road Ahead

I still don't know what the 2008 Washington Redskins are.

Are they a playoff team? Probably. They have five wins in the bank. If they get to 10, they should make it to the postseason. They have games against Detroit, Cincinnati, Seattle, Baltimore, and San Francisco. All of those are on the road, so even if they slip up once they have nine wins.

That means that they would need just one win in home games against the Steelers, Cowboys, Giants, and Eagles to get to 10. Even given the Cowboys' state of disarray, none of those is a given but it's hard to see them going 0-4 in those games.

But let's say that they sweep the games in the "easy" group (the finger-curl quotes are there, of course, because of the Rams game) and split the four home games. That gets them to 12 wins, a total they have not achieved since 1991.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
...very interesting.

...very interesting.

My preseason guess for them was 12 wins and I'm sticking with that. Barring major injury issues, I can't see them winning less than 11.

I think the biggest key for them is Springs. When he can play that defense is much less vulnerable. Smoot does an okay job, but he's lost a step and allows receivers to create too much space. We need Springs to get and stay healthy.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

My preseason guess for them was 12 wins and I'm sticking with that. Barring major injury issues, I can't see them winning less than 11.

I think the biggest key for them is Springs. When he can play that defense is much less vulnerable. Smoot does an okay job, but he's lost a step and allows receivers to create too much space. We need Springs to get and stay healthy.

Springs doesn't matter if the others are healthy. Rogers is having a pro bowl season. Smoot is always solid.

Right now, what is key in my view, aside from the obvious of injuries, is Thomas or Kelly stepping up and becoming an effective threat. That right there would make this thing really sing.

BuddyLee

Football addict

We need to draft a great corner in the next draft because Springs is a pre-madonna who misses half the season due to a slight hammy. If he's not 100% he's not playing whatsoever. In the meantime, Cornelius Griffin is banged up the worst on the team and is pleading with the coach to let him play against the lowly Lions.

Anyways, I agree that when Springs is 100% our team is much better. Los is having his best season yet and is deserving of a pro-bowl appearance.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

We need to draft a great corner in the next draft

...Horton proves what we need, more than anything else, is draft picks, lots of them. We don't need #1's. We don't need 2's. We start having 10-12 picks in 7 rounds we're gonna hit on more and more young guys who were missed by the scouts. And they're gonna be eager and hungry to prove themselves and they're gonna be cheap.

So, get a good corner, sure. But no more of this high draft non sense.

Right now, what is key in my view, aside from the obvious of injuries, is Thomas or Kelly stepping up and becoming an effective threat. That right there would make this thing really sing.

I agree, I remember thinking when they drafted those three (Thomas, Kelly and Davis) that we just needed one of them to step up and become a play maker to make this offense very potent. There's obviously a lot of potential there, but one of them needs to actually realize that potential soon or this offense is one key injury away from being pedestrian. It just seems like they were all behind the learning curve because of one injury or another that kept them off the field in the preseason.

We need to draft a great corner in the next draft because Springs is a pre-madonna who misses half the season due to a slight hammy.

Yeah, it seems like he's missed more playing time than he's played since he's been here. The Redskin's corners are pretty good on the whole - and as a group they are great at coming up and making one on one tackles in the flat, but I'd like to have one guy who can run with the best receivers in the league. We haven't had that since Champ left. When Taylor was back there he covered that up.