I guess we won't really know much about the Giants

Rael

Supper's Ready
Giants may have been the SuperBowl champs last year, but they have a lot to prove this year with their schedule and line up. They're definitely not the same team as last year. Yeah, they have good team numbers so far, but I'm inclined to connect that more to their schedule. To be honest, they've played well overall, but on an admittedly easier schedule.

But as things change through the season, we'll just have to wait and see if they step up when it counts. Redskins seem to have strong early-to-mid season momentum, Cowboys haven't performed well at all these past few games, and now have injuries on top of that. And the Eagles can win games in this conference like any of the others.

Gotta love this NFC east.

BuddyLee

Football addict
...Horton proves what we need, more than anything else, is draft picks, lots of them. We don't need #1's. We don't need 2's. We start having 10-12 picks in 7 rounds we're gonna hit on more and more young guys who were missed by the scouts. And they're gonna be eager and hungry to prove themselves and they're gonna be cheap.

So, get a good corner, sure. But no more of this high draft non sense.
Problem is that the Chris Horton finds are slim. They call them "gems" for a reason.

You can't trade all your high round picks for 10-12 6-7 round picks in hopes of landing a "gem".

BuddyLee

Football addict
but I'd like to have one guy who can run with the best receivers in the league. We haven't had that since Champ left. When Taylor was back there he covered that up.
Springs can handle the TO types usually but he's dead meat on the smaller WR's like Steve Smith.

I think Carlos has stepped into the Champ Bailey role. He's dominated every top WR this season.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Problem is that the Chris Horton finds are slim. They call them "gems" for a reason.

You can't trade all your high round picks for 10-12 6-7 round picks in hopes of landing a "gem".

...how many picks would you give me for my #1?

Tom Brady 6th
Joe Montana 3rd
Rodney Harrison 5th
Wes Welker (undrafted)

As great as Sean Taylor was, did he really make all that much difference in terms of wins and losses than a Mark Murphy, an undrafted FA? Or did his stellar plays mask his bad ones? Is An Anthony Munoz, a #1, profoundly better than a Joe Jacoby, an undrafted FA?

What I am arguing is that scouting, being able to see the football player a guy can become, be he a lower draft pick or an undrafted FA, is far, far more valuable than picking a Peyton Manning or a Randy Moss. Football is a game of depth.

Yeah, an all pro team is going to be loaded with high draft picks, but, could they play as a team for a whole season? Would they play 16 games? Would they dominate a squad filled with third rounders on down, week after week?

Otter

Nothing to see here
...how many picks would you give me for my #1?

Tom Brady 6th
Joe Montana 3rd
Rodney Harrison 5th
Wes Welker (undrafted)

As great as Sean Taylor was, did he really make all that much difference in terms of wins and losses than a Mark Murphy, an undrafted FA? Or did his stellar plays mask his bad ones? Is An Anthony Munoz, a #1, profoundly better than a Joe Jacoby, an undrafted FA?

What I am arguing is that scouting, being able to see the football player a guy can become, be he a lower draft pick or an undrafted FA, is far, far more valuable than picking a Peyton Manning or a Randy Moss. Football is a game of depth.

Yeah, an all pro team is going to be loaded with high draft picks, but, could they play as a team for a whole season? Would they play 16 games? Would they dominate a squad filled with third rounders on down, week after week?

And thats exactly why Bobby Beathard was such a great GM..The skins always managed to pick up players as free agents or lower picks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

And thats exactly why Bobby Beathard was such a great GM..The skins always managed to pick up players as free agents or lower picks.

...reading my mind.

The whole time I was writing that I was thinking about Bobby. :buddies:

And Vinny. :cds:

:lol: